"Orlikins goes to Arinsal" Arinsal by orlikins

Arinsal Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 47 photos

Arinsal is a 1-street village about 7 km away from Andorra la Vella. There isnt much to it apart from the Ski school, hotels and bars. However what's there is darn good :)

I took this photo from the ski school of the surrounding Pyrenees mountain range.

During the summer, Arinsal gets a lot of hiking expeditions, but apart from the tourist season, it is pretty quiet and even some of the bars close during the off-peak season.

The 4 of us booked a skiing holiday with a travel agent back in Dublin. As none of us had ever skiied before, we wanted to go somewhere cheap and unpretentious and with really good craic. Now as regular readers of my travel pages know, I *HATE* package holidays with an all-consuming passion, but in this case, it was much better value to take a skiing package, as it covered skiing tuition, accomodation, food, flights, skiing insurance (we needed that later, but thats another story), ski and boot hire. All we had to do was provide our own ski-suits.

We were there for a week, though unfortunately my friend broke her leg on the slopes, so I stayed behind to help out for another week, while she was in hospital in Les Escaldes-Engordany.

• Pros:Excellent ski slopes
  • Last visit to Arinsal: Feb 2002
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2005

• carolondon's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2005 at 9:14 AM

Fab info - so many of us wanting to get there through spain or france and your site helped me feel like I might actually make it this winter...

• chrishc's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2004 at 4:22 AM

Stayed in the St Gothard, great food and yes we didn't venture out much. Good skiing in Pal.

• Feb 26, 2004 at 9:49 AM

Excellent page!

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 1:13 AM

not only a nice view from the Hotel...awesome. thank you for the infos and excellent pics

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2003 at 4:08 AM

Beautiful intro photo. Interesting, humorous tips. Sorry to hear about your friend's leg!

• Dec 4, 2002 at 7:35 AM

good tips!

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2002 at 7:04 AM

Wow, it sure looks cold there....but beautiful! It looks like you really had fun. I hope to see Andorra one day soon. Thanks for sharing!

orlikins

“No spam please.”

Badges & Stats in Arinsal

Have you been to Arinsal?

Latest Activity in Arinsal