"Orlikins goes to Arinsal" Arinsal by orlikins
Arinsal Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 47 photos
Arinsal is a 1-street village about 7 km away from Andorra la Vella. There isnt much to it apart from the Ski school, hotels and bars. However what's there is darn good :)
I took this photo from the ski school of the surrounding Pyrenees mountain range.
During the summer, Arinsal gets a lot of hiking expeditions, but apart from the tourist season, it is pretty quiet and even some of the bars close during the off-peak season.
The 4 of us booked a skiing holiday with a travel agent back in Dublin. As none of us had ever skiied before, we wanted to go somewhere cheap and unpretentious and with really good craic. Now as regular readers of my travel pages know, I *HATE* package holidays with an all-consuming passion, but in this case, it was much better value to take a skiing package, as it covered skiing tuition, accomodation, food, flights, skiing insurance (we needed that later, but thats another story), ski and boot hire. All we had to do was provide our own ski-suits.
We were there for a week, though unfortunately my friend broke her leg on the slopes, so I stayed behind to help out for another week, while she was in hospital in Les Escaldes-Engordany.
- Pros:Excellent ski slopes
Apart from souvenir t-shirts, there is practically nothing in terms of clothes shopping in Arinsal. Most of the shops... more travel advice
- See All Health & Ski Insurance
- Skiing and Hiking
- See All Currency
- See All Lets just say I came in a bus...
orlikins' Related Pages
Arinsal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arinsal-No experience necessary"
- "Orlikins goes to Arinsal"
- "Arinsal Andorra"
- "Ski holiday in Arinsal"
- "Arinsal - hmmmm!!!!"
- "Good skiing especially for beginners"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arinsal
- Hotels in Arinsal
- Transportation in Arinsal
- Nightlife in Arinsal
- Restaurants in Arinsal
- Shopping in Arinsal
- Warnings and Dangers in Arinsal
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Arinsal
- 19 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Arinsal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arinsal
Top 10 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 102 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ireland Intro, 61 reviews, 46 photos
- Kilkenny Intro, 36 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Limerick Intro, 46 reviews, 37 photos, 1 travelogue
- Howth Intro, 26 reviews, 57 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belfast Intro, 31 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 36 reviews, 34 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos
- County Limerick Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wexford Intro, 34 reviews, 25 photos