"Orlikins goes to Kinsale" Kinsale by orlikins

Kinsale Travel Guide: 183 reviews and 378 photos

I went down to Kinsale last year for the October bank holiday weekend, to partaaaay with shinnersmurphy (a new VT convert, she's in all my Baltic pages!) and her other half Gary and his sister Aisling. Gary & Aisling have family in Cork so we were assured of a "cead mile failte" by their aunts & uncles.

I drove down from Dublin to stay with my parents overnight and then into my little Micra down to Cork, where I spent the morning browsing and shopping and met up with Sinead & co in Kinsale that afternoon.

It was a gorgeous morning in Cork and there were loads of sales going on, so that kept me out of trouble ;-)

Of course this was too good to be true, as I drove out from Cork to Kinsale, the sky darkened and the clouds burst wide open!! Great I thought, just typical!!!

Enough of my rambling - you want to read about Kinsale, I presume.
It's smaller than I had expected, I must admit, but on a sunny day, the way the town encircles the harbour looks distinctly postcard-pretty. There are lots of boats and trawlers in the marina, more restaurants & pubs than you can shake a stick at.

Kinsale is where the city slickers from Cork head to at the weekends, so as you can imagine, practically any available property is snapped up ASAP, forcing out the locals. It's a good spot to base yourself whilst you explore West Cork.

• Pros:Lovely part of Ireland and the nightlife is great :)
  • Cons:the weather sucked :-/
  • Last visit to Kinsale: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Oct 8, 2003

orlikins

“No spam please.”

Badges & Stats in Kinsale

Have you been to Kinsale?

Latest Activity in Kinsale