"Orlikins goes to Waaaatherfurd - "Well boy!"" Top 5 Page for this destination Waterford by orlikins

Waterford Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 420 photos

Historical Viking City

I had a few days off over the 2003 Xmas season and decided to hit Waterford for a day with my friend Fiona.

We drove down for the afternoon and spent it wandering around the streets and quays. Fiona had never been there, while it was years ago since my last visit to the city, and even then it was a "hit-and-run" dash around the high street before
running back to an impatient Dad in the car :-) I've put in a few tips on County Waterford in "Off the Beaten Path". County Waterford is pretty small so you dont have to drive for long to reach spots like Ring, Dungarvan or Clonea.

Waterford was one of the first Viking settlements before 1000A.D. Reginalds Tower in the City center would be a relic of that era. Walking around the city, you will see basic maps of Waterford with the Medieval and Viking parts clearly marked out.

NOTE: I plan to head down again to "Waaaatherford" again in the next couple of months to visit the Gaeltacht area (An Rinn) so I'll be able to update my Waterford tips if necessary and treat myself to another Blaa :-)

Subliminal Advertising

Suzanne_M and I were walking out to the Waterford Crystal factory when we call this cool 7Up ad at the side of a petrol station
"Invest wisely, spend on yourself"

Never was a truer word spoken! :-)

• In a nutshell:Waterford - 5th largest city in Ireland
  • Last visit to Waterford: Jan 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 13, 2006

orlikins

“No spam please.”

Badges & Stats in Waterford

Have you been to Waterford?