"Orlikins Goes to Agadir" Top 5 Page for this destination Agadir by orlikins

Agadir Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 99 photos

You know how I always said that I don't do package holidays? Well, I guess you could say I've just been deflowered of that notion!

We stayed in Agadir for a week on a last-minute four-star all-inclusive package. You can see how a girl could be tempted by all that luxury :-D

I have to admit, I didn't do all that much sightseeing in Agadir.

I was actually working part-time over there and I'm not the best person to go sunbathing with on account of my dazzling snow-white Celtic skin.

Everything we needed was in the hotel. It is very easy to get used to that kind of lifestyle! :)

I have loads more photos of Agadir in my Flickr page, please feel free to check them out----> My Morocco Pictures

We went over there in December and I found that the temperatures were manageable at 30 degrees Celsius.

Agadir is mainly a beach resort, so that is where you will find most of the action. There are plenty of sports activities like golf, camel trekking, beach sports that you can engage in while you're there. It is not a big town, you already know that the town was destroyed in an earthquake in the 1960's, so don't expect a lot of history or an "old quarter".

I loved the beautiful sunsets in Agadir. I have about 20 pics of some jaw-droppingly gorgeous sunsets in my Flickr page, but I have posted my favourites here in a travelogue.

I also admired the Casbah of Agadir very much. It overlooks the town and the writing is illuminated at night with the Arabic motto of "God, Country, King".

I would strongly advise that you brush up on your French before you go. If you even know a couple of words of Arabic, that would help a lot. We speak French (my friend's French is flawless) and it made things so much easier when going into the town.

I still have a bit more work to do on this page, but hope you enjoy the pics for now.

• Last visit to Agadir: Nov 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 15, 2007

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2007 at 10:34 AM

hehe yes camel riding isnt comfortable! Enjoyed your page, thanks :)

• Jan 5, 2007 at 4:08 AM

Loved reading about your travels! Loved the pics! can't wait to go!! Thanks for sharing with us! colleen

orlikins