Isla Cozumel Favorite Tips by Tolik Top 5 Page for this destination
Isla Cozumel Favorites: 38 reviews and 51 photos
The Sun Deck at night
Favorite thing: This deck is on the top of the ship. Here guests can find small jogging track (1/8 mile).
Fondest memory: View from the bow was breathtaking anytime during the day.
The Aerobics Room on the Sports Deck
Favorite thing: Small Sport Deck is the place where you will find the Aerobics Room, and men and women saunas. The facilities are rather small and were crowded first day, but later became quite tolerable. Passengers can choose from a variety of exercise classes daily, ranging from aerobics to stretching. A fee is charged for some classes.
Verandah Deck and Lido Deck from the Sun Deck
Favorite thing: The Lido deck is the place where the guests spent most of their daytime during sailing days. There is a swimming pool and hot tub in the center of the deck with the adjusting bars. The deck has live music(the Cool Calypso Band still sounds in my ears) and a 115-foot-long cascading waterslide coming down from the Verandah deck.
Fondest memory: The casual Seaview Bar & Grill serves buffet-style breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Here you will find some good meats, seafood, fruits, pastries etc. In the middle of the area are two machines dispensing ice cream and fat-free yogurt. Seaview restaurant is also the location of the ship’s 24-hour pizzeria, serving salad and Italian specialties around the clock.
Meetin David at the Michelangelo's Lounge
Favorite thing: Promenade Deck was our another favorite. The Sensation Boulevard promenade stretches the length of Promenade Deck. As you can see on the pictures, the area has a Roman design theme, and many of the ship’s popular bars and lounges surround the area. The Roman-styled Michelangelo's bar offered live music and dancing most nights (beware of smoking).
Fondest memory: Club Vegas Casino offered over 200 slot machines and large variety of table games, including blackjack, poker, and roulette. Don’t expect to win fortune here though. The Kaleidoscope Dance Club is another popular spot (mostly for young people) due to its late-night disco dancing.
The Atrium from the Atlantic Deck
Favorite thing: Atlantic Deck is one of the most popular decks on the ship. First of all, two dining rooms are here: Ecstasy and Fantasy. Both serve dinner in two assigned seatings, along with open-seating breakfast and lunch. Our table 115 was next to the window offering fantastic ocean view. We had late sitting for dinner (8:30 PM). Tables hold anywhere from four to 10 passengers.
Second popular place on the deck was the two-level Fantasia Show Lounge. Fantasia has seating for over 1,300 passengers. On second night it featured extravagant Las Vegas-style revues with state-of-the-art sound and lighting. They repeat main show twice – for the 1st and 2nd seatings but I would suggest to come earlier to get better seats in the center - some sideline seats have obstructed views. The Oak Room library on the deck lends books and board games free of charge (but you have to check in using your card). The library accommodates 43 travelers. Atlantic Deck also has the ship's small Card Room – most of the time numerous groups held their meeting there but the room was popular with board- and card-game enthusiasts too.
Fondest memory: Children activities are open to children ages 2-15, and there’s a playroom for children under age 3. Another interesting place on the deck was the Touch of Class piano bar where live music and sing-alongs made the place one of the ship’s most exciting nighttime locales but expect a lot of smoking here.
An ice carving demonstration
Favorite thing: Onboard activities and entertainment were good and plentiful. The amount of things to do is endless, from karaoke to piano bars, to disco, to casinos. Cool Calypso played at the Lido Deck; Sensation Orchestra played at the Promenade Deck; you could sing-along in the Piano Bar. There was a Singles Party at Kaleidoscope Disco around 11PM but we did not go. During the day they had different games, such as Battle of the Sexes and the Newlywed and Not So Newlywed Game. They were a lot of fun to watch. Of course there was always bingo. The Casino is like every other casino. If you play, you only have to choose how much you lose and how fast! During the last day at sea they had an ice carving demonstration on the stage by the main pool.
Fondest memory: The evening entertainment was average, this could be improved. We attend both big "Vegas-Style" shows and found them rather mediocre.
We highly recommend the Gala Midnight Buffet on the night of the Captain's party. It is a sight to see if you have never seen one before. They allow you take pictures right before they open up the buffet.
More Reviews (10)
Tolik's Related Pages
Isla Cozumel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coz: Going with the flow (of the Yucatan Current)"
- "ISLA COZUMEL"
- "Dive In"
- "Western Caribbean Cruise"
- "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- "Underwater animals"
- "An Island to see and Shop"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Cozumel
- Hotels in Isla Cozumel
- Transportation in Isla Cozumel
- Nightlife in Isla Cozumel
- Restaurants in Isla Cozumel
- Shopping in Isla Cozumel
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Cozumel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Cozumel
- 16 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Isla Cozumel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Cozumel
- Posted in Travel Juan-les-Pins Forum "RE: Juan les pins"
- Commented on one of hayward68's Isla Cozumel travel pages
- Wrote a Review 6th Day: Back to Tampa about Boat Trips in Isla Cozumel Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "6th Day: Back to Tampa"
- updated a Isla Cozumel Travel Page "Western Caribbean Cruise"
Photos in Isla CozumelSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Kharkiv Intro, 39 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (11)
- Chankanaab- 15 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Beaches- 15 Reviews, 34 Photos
- San Gervasio- 14 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Mainland Daytrips- 12 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Faro Celarain Eco Park- 10 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Snorkel or Helmet Dive- 12 Reviews, 19 Photos
- SCUBA- 19 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Shop- 7 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Tequila- 2 Reviews, 7 Photos
- Zipline- 1 Review, 5 Photos
See All Isla Cozumel Things to Do