"Western Caribbean Cruise" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla Cozumel by Tolik
Isla Cozumel Travel Guide: 583 reviews and 1,483 photos
We took the Carnival Sensation out of Tampa, Florida, on October 4th , 2003, for a five-day Western Caribbean cruise. We had a wonderful trip on the Sensation to Costa Maya and Cozumel.
The Sensation is a great ship: large enough to have plenty of privacy if you wanted it (considering there were 2,100 passengers and 900 crew members on board), but not so large that you didn't get to know people. Most of the wait staff is from Bulgaria, Estonia, Romania, Croatia, and Indonesia. We had all smooth days, all tropical storms were far away. Because Carnival’s main strength is in the activities they present, there was almost always something going on. While most of the activities we preferred centered on music, entertainment and of course, dining, there were many parties and other activities (ping pong tournaments, for one) to keep all travelers busy. Everyone on the ship seemed to be in a great mood, in spite of the fact it was quite crowded, and a most busy time of the year. Carnival presents an adults-only sunning deck, and other easy-going activities without ignoring the high-energy younger set as well. This is their greatest strength. I am sure you will enjoy this cruise, and particularly the ship, which was tastefully decorated, and had ample room with large cabins and wide decks.
If you are looking for a fun vacation at a very reasonable price, Carnival is a great choice. Overall this was a fantastic experience and we appreciated all of the staff, they work long hours and they work hard, but they were always friendly and helpful.
Remember your vacation is anything you make it. We really enjoyed our experience with Carnival and we are already looking forward to booking a 7 day cruise!
Debarkation went smoothly. Basically you wait until your luggage tag color is called. In our case, they went from the... more travel advice
The Sensation Ship arrived in Cozumel around 8AM. We had plenty of time – departure was scheduled at 10PM. After the... more travel advice
Tolik's Related Pages
Isla Cozumel Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Coz: Going with the flow (of the Yucatan Current)"
- "ISLA COZUMEL"
- "Dive In"
- "Western Caribbean Cruise"
- "A nice day trip from Playa del Carmen"
- "An Island to see and Shop"
- "Snorkelling Paradise"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Isla Cozumel
- Hotels in Isla Cozumel
- Transportation in Isla Cozumel
- Nightlife in Isla Cozumel
- Restaurants in Isla Cozumel
- Shopping in Isla Cozumel
- Warnings and Dangers in Isla Cozumel
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Isla Cozumel
- 16 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Isla Cozumel?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Isla Cozumel
- Posted in Travel Juan-les-Pins Forum "RE: Juan les pins"
- Commented on one of hayward68's Isla Cozumel travel pages
- Wrote a Review 6th Day: Back to Tampa about Boat Trips in Isla Cozumel Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "6th Day: Back to Tampa"
- updated a Isla Cozumel Travel Page "Western Caribbean Cruise"
Photos in Isla CozumelSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Kharkiv Intro, 39 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues