"Historic Salisbury" Salisbury by Tolik
Salisbury Travel Guide: 282 reviews and 666 photos
Our family visited Salisbury in May 2002 during our day trip to Wiltshire. We noticed the Cathedral immediately from the train station square – and it would be hard to miss it – the Cathedral’s 123m / 404 ft spire is the highest in Britain.
Annually some 600,000 people visit the Cathedral and Close for all kind of reasons and events.
- In a nutshell:The finest medieval cathedral in Britain.
The story goes that the Bishop shot an arrow. The place where it landed was where the new cathedral was to be built and... more travel advice
The Cathedral stands at the center of the Close. Today it is the largest Close in England. Many medieval buildings,... more travel advice
Tolik's Related Pages
Salisbury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Salisbury, a brief history"
- "A Great Historic City"
- "Surprising Salisbury"
- "Cathedral Town"
- "Salisbury has.........."
- "Salisbury (and Stonehenge)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Salisbury
- Hotels in Salisbury
- Transportation in Salisbury
- Nightlife in Salisbury
- Restaurants in Salisbury
- Shopping in Salisbury
- Warnings and Dangers in Salisbury
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Salisbury
- 6 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Salisbury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Salisbury
Top 10 Pages
- Kharkiv Intro, 39 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues