"A Portrait of Cosenza" Cosenza by Tolik
Cosenza Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 23 photos
Cosenza is a provincial capital in the Calabria region, Southern Italy (the Calabria Region forms the toe of Italy's boot).
There are many reasons to visit Calabria. Visitors are attracted by Calabria's beautiful beaches, historic buildings and mountain landscapes. Called "the little Switzerland," the local Sila Mountains offer some of southern Italy's best hiking, fishing, and camping.
Cosenza, the most northerly and extensive of the Calabrian provinces, dominated to the north by the Pollino mountains and to the south by the Sila mountains. Set in a landscape of typically alpine climate, adorned by three beautiful lakes, the province of Cosenza offers true Mediterranean spirit.
Cosenza is a unique place not only in Italy but the whole Europe. Here in one week you can easily explore mountains and two coasts: the Tyrrehenian, with wide sandy beaches and high cliffs; and the Ionian, where mountains and hills descend slowly towards the sea (where deserted golden or white sandy beaches await for you).
Cosenza is the largest city in Calabria. Home to the Swabian - Normann Castle, a cathedral on Pancrazio Hill, and several interesting buildings in the centro storico, it has the somewhat sleepy air of a quiet provincial capital. Try to spend a few moments in the quaint cloisters of San Domenico, and at the 13th century San Francesco d'Assisi church. Cosenza also makes a fine starting point for a trip to La Sila, one of Europe's great forest wonderlands.
You should also visit some interesting places in the Cosenza area, full of massive manors raised by the Normans and Swabians.
City of Cosenza located only 10 km from the Tyrenian Sea and 35 km from the Sila mountains. The city could be a base to... more travel advice
The castle stands on the top of Pancrazio Hill. It was built by the Saracens on the ruins of the ancient Brutium... more travel advice
Tolik's Related Pages
Cosenza Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Portrait of Cosenza"
- "A Very Warm Welcome"
- "Cosenza, the Capital of Calabria"
- "Why do I feel like "I'm coming home", here...???"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cosenza
- Hotels in Cosenza
- Transportation in Cosenza
- Warnings and Dangers in Cosenza
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cosenza
- 7 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Cosenza?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cosenza
Top 10 Pages
- Kharkiv Intro, 39 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues