"Monopoli in May" Monopoli by Tolik
Monopoli Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 42 photos
In May 2004 we spent a week in the seaside resort Cala Corvino in Southern Italy. The resort was built fifteen years ago on the outskirts of the small town Monòpoli.
The region of Puglia, where Monopoli locates, forms the south-east part of the Italian peninsula, on the Adriatic and Ionic Seas. The climate here is entirely Mediterranean, with mild wet winters and hot dry ventilated summers. They say that the precipitations, falling mainly in winter, are somewhat scarce, with a minimum of only 400 mm/year. Guess what – it was not the case during our visit. The last week of May was rainy and cold.
Puglia or Apulia, as it is called in English, offers several interesting cathedrals dating back to the 10th century, the masserie, the trulli, several deserted Greek and Roman ruins, a chain of lively fishing villages, a few medieval hilltowns, and some of the very cleanest beaches and water in the Mediterranean.
Apulia produces one-tenth of the wine drunk in Europe; its olive oil is renowned. They perfectly complement the super-fresh seafood and vegetables. If you have already toured the northern part of Italy and are looking for something equally fascinating, completely different and much less crowded, this is a wonderful area to consider.
When you finished exploring the first complex, leave the fortress and walk around it northwards. Wide path running along... more travel advice
Cala Corvino is situated on the northern outskirts of the small town Monòpoli (4km from the center). Overlooking the... more travel advice
Tolik's Related Pages
Monopoli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Capitolo Vacation Town"
- "Monopoli in May"
- "Monopoli,Mar Mediterraneo"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monopoli
- Hotels in Monopoli
- Nightlife in Monopoli
- Restaurants in Monopoli
- See All...
Explore the World
- Boca Chica Key
- Playa Blanca
- Colorado Springs Hotels
- Vilanova i la Geltru
- Dipolog City
- Chiang Mai
- Sacramento Hotels
- Gozo Hotels
- Matagorda Island Hotels
- Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Brighton Hotels
- Ostseebad Binz
Badges & Stats in Monopoli
- 7 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Monopoli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monopoli
Photos in MonopoliSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Kharkiv Intro, 39 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 32 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos, 6 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 15 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Badgastein Intro, 20 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Austria Intro, 19 reviews, 42 photos, 3 travelogues
- Edmonton Intro, 18 reviews, 39 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lausanne Intro, 17 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues