"Kataragama" Kataragama by Jeanlyon
Kataragama Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 30 photos
Kataragama is the holiest place in Sri Lanka. Pilgrims from 4 different faiths travel here to pray and bring offerings of flowers and food.<p>They bathe themselves in the river before going to pray. There is a Buddhist temple, a Hindu Temple and a Mosque. Christians also come here to worship.
- Pros:Very interesting and beautiful place
Visit during festival times in the months of July/August and you would see thousands of pilgrims practice... more travel advice
Jeanlyon's Related Pages
Kataragama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of Sri Lankas holiest places"
- "its the place of great hindu temple in the south"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kataragama
- Hotels in Kataragama
- Transportation in Kataragama
- Restaurants in Kataragama
- Warnings and Dangers in Kataragama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kataragama
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Kataragama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kataragama
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Kenya Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Antwerp Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beruwala Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Modbury Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Cherbourg Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Alderney Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Turkey Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos