"Trincomalee" Trincomalee by Jeanlyon
Trincomalee Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 57 photos
Just visited Trinco after wanting to go there for years, but could not visit while the war was on. It's the 5th biggest natural harbour in the world and although quite run down and army everywhere, it has big potential. We visited the Hindu Temple and also Swami Rock (Lovers Leap) - The fort is amazing.
- Pros:Beautiful area - 5th largest natural harbour in the world
- Cons:Some buildings have been spoilt by the war
- In a nutshell:Definitely worth a visit
Right out on a sheer rock, there is the temple that I mentioned before and next to it, is Swami Rock (Lovers Leap), as... more travel advice
Jeanlyon's Related Pages
Trincomalee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My once lovely home"
- "A bit different..."
- "The world's largest natural harbour"
- "2 years in Trincomalee"
- "Trincomalee - natural harbour"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trincomalee
- Hotels in Trincomalee
- Transportation in Trincomalee
- Restaurants in Trincomalee
- Warnings and Dangers in Trincomalee
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trincomalee
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Trincomalee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trincomalee
Top 10 Pages
- Sri Lanka Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Costa Rica Intro, 12 reviews, 8 photos
- Kenya Intro, 5 reviews, 4 photos
- Antwerp Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Beruwala Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Modbury Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Cherbourg Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Alderney Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Turkey Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos