"Kingston upon thames" Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Thames by Fen
Kingston upon Thames Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 264 photos
Kingston-upon-Thames is steeped in history, and has an association with Royalty dating back to Anglo-Saxon times when seven kings were crowned in Kingston in the 10th Century.
Kingston boasts excellent shops including The Bentalls Centre and John Lewis, with a market on most days of the week all within a traffic free area. Kingston also has a wide variety of riverside restaurants and pubs and an active nighclub scene.
Hampton Court and a number of Royal parks including Richmond Park surround Kingston, and you can walk from Hampton Court to Richmand along the side of the Thames, or take a river boat trip.
Rowing and sailing are favourites at Kingston which boasts excellent rowing and sailing clubs.
Situated in the middle of the Market Place stands the architecturally striking Market House that opened in 1840. Residing over the South entrance of the building is a statue of Queen Anne that was commissioned for the then Town Hall in 1707
Kingston is one of only four Royal Boroughs in England and Wales. As the title suggests, Kingston has close links with royalty that date back more than a thousand years, to the coronation of seven Anglo-Saxon Monarchs in c.900.
Kingston was an important Royal Manor by the time of the Domesday Survey of 1086. One of the questions asked by the Domesday Commissioners related to the town’s five mills and three salmon fisheries. Their significance is reflected in the choice of Royal Kingston’s official emblem, three salmon on a green background.
Wonderful place really nice settings perfect for meeting friends over Lunch or Dinner. Garlic bread with cheese, and... more travel advice
Fancy winning some money? Well why not try your luck at Bingo. Maybe you will be lucky enough to win some money for your... more travel advice
Fen's Related Pages
Kingston upon Thames Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kingston upon thames"
- "Kingston upon Thames"
- "POD'S KINGSTON UPON THAMES PAGE."
- "Kingston Upon Thames"
- "VIBRANT SUBURB"
- "kingston upon thames"
- "Kingston upon Thames"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kingston upon Thames
- Hotels in Kingston upon Thames
- Transportation in Kingston upon Thames
- Nightlife in Kingston upon Thames
- Restaurants in Kingston upon Thames
- Shopping in Kingston upon Thames
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kingston upon Thames
- 38 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Kingston upon Thames?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kingston upon Thames
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Do you kiss your mother with..."
- Commented on one of sue_stone's Kingston upon Thames travel pages
- updated a Kingston upon Thames Travelogue "More Pics around Kingston"
- Wrote a Review Tourist Information Centre in Kingston upon Thames Favorites
- Uploaded a Photo to "More Pics around Kingston"
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 79 reviews, 177 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Novi Sad Intro, 47 reviews, 85 photos, 4 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 29 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chisinau Intro, 38 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 37 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omsk Intro, 18 reviews, 68 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 26 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kingston upon Thames Intro, 38 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Barbados Intro, 18 reviews, 53 photos, 4 travelogues
- Belgrade Intro, 22 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues