"Nijmegen, my hometown" Top 5 Page for this destination Nijmegen by Alphons

Nijmegen Travel Guide: 413 reviews and 757 photos

my hometown

NIJMEGEN

Nijmegen is the oldest city in the Netherlands. This year (2005) it is 2000 years old and the whole year are party's and festivals in the city . It is close to the German Border.
It has a University.
This is the City-arms of Nijmegen.
It is situated under at the hill from Belvédère.
There are more than 10.000 flowers and plants in it.

• Intro Updated Jan 5, 2005

• egonwegh's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2010 at 5:59 AM

Hé, dat 4-daagsekruisje was me totnogtoe niet opgevallen. Dat verdient wel een 5-punt rating!

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2008 at 5:16 AM

Nice tips and photos on NJMGN. i have been here once for a conference from Paris more than 10 years ago from at the university but couldn't see the town much. Maybe next time. have a nice weekend.

• May 20, 2007 at 2:20 PM

Cannot wait to visit but having a hard time trying to get a response from a campsite near there. Heumens Bos. Lynne

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2007 at 10:25 AM

Alphons, I was in Nijmegen in January for the weekend & I really love it. I did not have a chance to walk on De Ooypolder though perhaps I have to come back & do that again. Your page is so informative with some great tips for a beautifu city:-)

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 12:06 PM

There seem to be many scenic areas around Nijmegen--the historic buildings and towns along the water...thanks for sharing them!

• pink63's Profile Photo
    Apr 10, 2005 at 5:35 PM

What interesting city you live in! All those flowers and windmills too! I love your pics very much! ciao

• novsco61's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 10:48 PM

You live in a very beautiful city.Great photos.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2005 at 9:28 AM

It must be nice to have a windmill just 200 meters from your home. Or does it make lots of noise when the wind blows? Looks great, in any case. "Gelderland" sounds like "money land" in German, but maybe it means something different?

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2005 at 12:30 PM

Thank you Alphons for visiting my Buffalo page. We both have interesting hometowns tho yours is much older. Before 1800 there were only Native Americans here. The walk seems great but 50km a little too much for me...maybe I could bring flowers too...Tom

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2004 at 6:41 PM

what a nice pictures full of page about ur hometown. i wish u give us some shopping tips also.

Alphons Lives Here!

Alphons

“Have i told you lately that i love travel?”

Badges & Stats in Nijmegen

Have you been to Nijmegen?

Latest Activity in Nijmegen