"Welcome to Alphons HomePage" Alphons's Profile
My next trip is ot 2011 to China, Tibet and Nepal.
HELLO I AM ALPHONS - WELCOME ON MY HOMEPAGE
ME IN AUSTRALIA
Hello I am Alphons.
I live in the east of the Netherlands in the city of NIJMEGEN. It is one of the oldest city's in the Netherlands and near the German border. It is a very old city with almost 170.000 inhabitants.
Nijmegen is also named the "Keizer Karel Stad" the Emperor Karel City. There are a lot of nice shops here, covered and uncovered shoppingcenters. There is a lot of industrie.
Nijmegen is situated on the border of the river Waal, this river is a connection between Rotterdam and Germany the Rijn.
Nijmegen is also famous for the 4 day marches every year in july, every year more than 35.000 peoples comes here for the 4 days marches. The whole week is Nijmegen one big partycenter with live music and other acts. Many thousand of visitors come here during that week.
There are museums here, culture, casino, swimmingpools, good for a bike ride, the direction of Nijmegen is beautiful.
More abouth Nijmegen in my
I took this picture in the wooden shoe factory on The Zaanse Schans.
This 3 windmills are on "De Zaanse Schans" sitiuated in Zaanstad 20 km from Amsterdam. "De Zaanse Schans" is a little vilage with old wooden houses and windmills.
This is a picture in the spring of a tulip field.
Holland is a small country but big in farming, here a big farm in Friesland.
This is a picture of The "Skutjesilen-boat race in Woudsend Friesland.
Holland is situated on the Northsee in the west and the Waddensee in the north. Holland has beautifull white sandy beaches and very nice dunes where you can walk or make a bike ride.
Here the Oosterscheldekering a part of the Deltawerken. The Deltawerken protects the lower lands in Zuid-holland and Zeeland against the sea.
Personal Pages (2)
Written May 5, 2005
Holland a beautiful country.
Written May 5, 2005
Winter in The Netherlands.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 1,746 Reviews
- 1,969 Photos
- 26 Countries
- 72 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
- Alphons and kiwiwahine are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to Alphons HomePage"
- Commented on Doli's profile page
- Uploaded a Photo to "Mayrhofen"
- updated a Mayrhofen Travel Page "Mayrhofen"
- Wrote a Review A very good camping in fugen in Fügen Hotels
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "travel by camper"
Top 10 Pages
- Kathmandu Intro, 55 reviews, 56 photos
- Netherlands Antilles Intro, 51 reviews, 52 photos
- Terschelling Intro, 53 reviews, 49 photos
- Innsbruck Intro, 45 reviews, 46 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 40 reviews, 41 photos
- Sydney Intro, 35 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zaandam Intro, 33 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Groningen Intro, 38 reviews, 39 photos
- Australia Intro, 25 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) 37 reviews, 37 photos