"Lake Toya" Toya-ko by sunnywong
Toya-ko Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 24 photos
Toyako Onsen is a touristy hot spring resort along the shore of Lake Toya, just at the foot of Mount Usu (Usuzan).
Several large luxury hotels stand right alongside the lake, offering rooms and hot spring baths with beautiful views of the lake. Even if you do not stay at one of the large hotels, you can use the baths of some of them during daytime against an admission fee of typically 500 to 1000 Yen.
In front of the hotels runs a pleasant promenade with foot baths (ashiyu) and daily fireworks in the evening from May through October. It is also the departure point for sightseeing boat cruises of the lake.
Toyako Onsen is the major transportation hub in the Lake Toya area with direct bus connections to Sapporo, JR Toya Station and other destinations
Showa Shinzan is one of Japan's youngest mountains. Accompanied by earthquakes, the mountain suddenly rose from a flat... more travel advice
sunnywong's Related Pages
Toya-ko Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lake Toya"
- "Touristy Onsen Town or Serene Relaxation Spot"
- "Lake Toya - Crater lake"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toya-ko
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Toya-ko?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toya-ko
Photos in Toya-koSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 66 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 86 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Banff National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 69 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 55 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 31 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 20 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues