"City of Burnaby" Burnaby by sunnywong
Burnaby Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 39 photos
Burnaby was incorporated in 1892 and achieved City status in 1992, one hundred years after incorporation. In the first 30 to 40 years after its incorporation, the growth of Burnaby was influenced by its location between expanding urban centres of Vancouver and New Westminster. It first served as a rural agricultural area supplying nearby markets. Later, it served as an important transportation corridor between Vancouver, the Fraser Valley and the interior of the Province.
Burnaby occupies 98.60 square kilometers (38.07 square miles) and is located at the geographical centre of the Greater Vancouver Regional District. Situated between the City of Vancouver on the west and Port Moody, Coquitlam and New Westminster on the east, the City is further bounded by Burrard Inlet and the Fraser River on the North and South respectively. Burnaby, Vancouver and New Westminster collectively occupy the major portion of the Burrard Peninsula.
City of Burnaby Official Website
sunnywong's Related Pages
Burnaby Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City of Burnaby"
- "Burnaby - GVRD"
- "Burnaby - within the Greater Vancouver Area"
- "Almost my Canadian Home City"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Burnaby
- 1 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (45)
Have you been to Burnaby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burnaby
Photos in BurnabySee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 66 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 86 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Banff National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 69 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 55 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 31 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 20 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues