"Hope "the Chainsaw Carving Capital”" Hope by sunnywong
Hope Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 75 photos
Hope is located 150 km east of Vancouver, and is at the junction of the Trans-Canada Highway (\#1) Crowsnest Highway (#3), the Coquihalla (#5) and the Lougheed Highway (#7).
The city has a magnificent setting on the banks of the Fraser River with the Cascade Mountains forming a natural amphitheatre behind it. Hope is known as “the Chainsaw Carving Capital” and offers walking tours to sites of 20 giant wooden sculptures, all carved by local artist Peter Ryan.
Don't miss the Othello Quintette Tunnels. One of the world’s greatest engineering feats, this series of tunnels was blasted for the now defunct Kettle Valley Railway. You can walk through these tunnels, where the Rambo-series movie First Blood was filmed, and over the two bridges that span the spectacular Coquihalla Gorge.
Famous Hell's Gate, in the scenic Fraser Canyon, is nature at its most magnificent. Descending smoothly from highway... more travel advice
sunnywong's Related Pages
Hope Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "2 hours east of Vancouver..."
- "Hope "the Chainsaw Carving Capital”"
- "HOPE - Chainsaw carving Capital."
- "Great little town with film making aspirations"
- "A Great Day Trip"
- "Where there's travel, there's Hope!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hope
- Hotels in Hope
- Transportation in Hope
- Restaurants in Hope
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hope
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Hope?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hope
Photos in HopeSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 66 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 86 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Banff National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 69 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 55 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 31 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 20 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues