"Okanagan & Shuswap area, British Columbia" Okanagan Lake by sunnywong
Okanagan Lake Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 28 photos
This section provides travel information about the Okanagan and Shuswap area, including city & area attractions, as well as information about getaway travel from the Okanagan.
The Okanagan & Shuswap area covered the larger cities (from south to north): Osoyoos, Penticton, Kelown, Vernon, and Salmon Arm etc.
The Okanagan has been named by the area's Salish natives, who's colorful language accounts for many of the place names in the area. The major industries in Okanagan are fuit & agriculture (including the manufacture of wines, canned fruit, fruit products),and tourism.
Okanagan is nestled in the interior of British Columbia. The climate of the Okanagan Basin is atypical compared to the rest of the interior of the province. The area has warm summers (with hot days but cool nights) with an average maximum temperature of nearly 28 degrees Celsius (82 degrees Fahrenheit), and fairly low humidity. The winters are relatively mild compared to areas north and east of the Valley, with more cloud than in summertime and with dry fluffy snow. Thaws occur at Valley bottom on about one-half of the days in January. The southern Okanagan is the northern end of the Great Basin Desert and even grows bananas. The Central Okanagan has an annual average of 200 hours of bright sunshine per year, one of the highest in Canada.
One of the few reasons you might make a special journey to the Salmon Arm area is to watch the huge migrations of... more travel advice
This 7 km long channel is the straightened-out path of the Okanagan River between Okanagan and Skaha lakes. Locals go... more travel advice
sunnywong's Related Pages
Okanagan Lake Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Okanagan & Shuswap area, British Columbia"
- "Okanogan Lake - Great place for a vacation"
- "Did someone say HOUSEBOATING?????"
- "Hedley, British Columbia"
- "Canada's Napa Valley - The Okanagan"
- "The Okanaganaganaganaganaganaganaganagan ;o))"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Okanagan Lake
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Okanagan Lake?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Okanagan Lake
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 66 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 86 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Banff National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 69 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 55 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 31 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 20 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues