"Warrenton" Warrenton by sunnywong
Warrenton Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 18 photos
The major attractions at Warrenton include Fort Stevens State Park and Peter Iredale Shipwreck.
Fort Stevens State Park
The Fort was a coastal defense fort and saw active service from the Civil War days to the end of World War II. Visitors will find military artifacts and interpretive displays at the Museum as well as guided tours. During the summer months tour a rare 90-year old underground gun battery that served as a WWII command center, and take a truck tour of the fortifications spanning the Spanish-American War and WWII. This is the location of the only enclosed Civil War earthworks site on the West Coast. The museum presents a short, original 1941 film showing the fort's 10 inch disappearing rifles in action.
Peter Iredale Shipwreck
It was an oceangoing ship that was wrecked in the early part of the century. After 90 years only some rusted iron and steel is left over. The wreck can be seen at low tide at Del Rey Beach Wayside. Access is available from Fort Stevens State Park.
• Free summer beach shuttle and weekday pancakes. • Indoor pool and spa. • Kamping Kitchen more travel advice
sunnywong's Related Pages
Warrenton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A City still Finding its Place on the Coast"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warrenton
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Warrenton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warrenton
Photos in WarrentonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 66 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 86 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Banff National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 69 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 55 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 31 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 20 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues