"Can Tho and Mekong Delta" Can Tho by sunnywong
Can Tho Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 289 photos
The Mekong Delta was an ancient Khmer territory. The area was mostly marshland and forest. When the Nguyen Lords took control of this region, a series of canals were built and a system of transportation was implemented in the maze of water ways in the area.
Can Tho is located in the center of the 11 provinces of the Mekong Delta, 170 km from Ho Chi Minh City, south of the Hau River. It is wonderful to take a boat trip along the riverbanks on fine weather days. On the east bank of Hau River is Ninh Kieu Wharf, which is well known for its beautiful location. Not too far from the wharf is a floating restaurant connected to the bank by a bridge. Visitors travel along the waterway to the floating restaurant to taste eel dishes, a specialty of the region.
There are many favours of snake wine as they are using different snake to preserve. more travel advice
Life On The Mekong River - Mekong Delta The people living in the Mekong Delta make their living as farmers and... more travel advice
sunnywong's Related Pages
Can Tho Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Mekong Delta Monkey Blues & the Special Room"
- "The Gate To the MEKONG DELTA"
- "Hello! Welcome to Can Tho"
- "Mekong Delta"
- "Can Tho"
- "Can Tho and Mekong Delta"
- "The Mekong Delta - Can Tho"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Can Tho
- Hotels in Can Tho
- Transportation in Can Tho
- Restaurants in Can Tho
- Shopping in Can Tho
- Warnings and Dangers in Can Tho
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Can Tho
- 9 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Can Tho?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Can Tho
Top 10 Pages
- Hong Kong Intro, 66 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Angkor Wat Intro, 86 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Banff National Park Intro, 85 reviews, 94 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vancouver Intro, 69 reviews, 82 photos, 3 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 53 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Phnom Penh Intro, 55 reviews, 64 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 63 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 31 reviews, 83 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 34 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 20 reviews, 89 photos, 3 travelogues