"Ankara - All four seasons in four days" Ankara by Profsmiley
Ankara Travel Guide: 373 reviews and 1,292 photos
We took a 4-day trip to Ankara end of January. And for those who doesn't know, Ankara is in central Anatolia, and very much has a typical inland climate - cold winters, warm and bearable summers.
When we arrived it was a somewhat cloudy and misty - temperature being mildly cold - good transition for all of us, Cypriots ;-)
Then the next morning, sun was shining, and we ran off to the Eymir lake to enjoy the uncharacteristically warm day.
Our third day there, it started raining but it was not cold until the sun set down. The temperature fell, and we woke up to a snowy day...
By the time we arrived at the airport, snow had covered everywhere like a tight blanket.
Ankara is one of those cities that seems to be uninteresting (boring, even!), which later turns out to be full of surprises.
- Pros:Organized, friendly 'big' university town, efficient public transportation, not touristic.
- Cons:Limited no. of international flights, not very easy to get around unless you know a little bit of Turkish.
- In a nutshell:The residence of Turkish politics, Ankara, is the central connection point to the other parts of Türkiye.
Anadolu Medeniyetleri Müzesi is one of the richest museums in Turkey, and is located next to the citadel. Artifacts... more travel advice
The area around and inside the citadel, being the oldest part of Ankara, contains many fine examples of traditional... more travel advice
Profsmiley's Related Pages
Ankara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ANKARA capital"
- "the capital of Turkey"
- "Ankara - capital of Turkey"
- "Ankara - the capital of Turkey"
- "Ankara-The heart of Türkiye"
- "Ankara, Capital of the Republic"
- "Ankara - All four seasons in four days"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ankara
- Hotels in Ankara
- Transportation in Ankara
- Nightlife in Ankara
- Restaurants in Ankara
- Shopping in Ankara
- Warnings and Dangers in Ankara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ankara
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Ankara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ankara
- updated a Ankara Travel Page "Ankara - All four seasons in four days"
- Posted in Travel Nicosia Forum "RE: RE: Flying from Nicosia to..."
- Commented on one of MalenaN's Ankara travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ankara - All four seasons in four days"
- Wrote a Review Museum of Ethnography about Ethnography Museum in Ankara Things to Do
Photos in AnkaraSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nicosia Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ankara Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Venice Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrenia Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Saint Paul Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyrenia District Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Egypt Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Famagusta Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos