"melchor muzquiz" Mùzquiz by cochinjew
Mùzquiz Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 13 photos
On my last visit I met some of the descendants of the spaniards who founded this town in the 1700s..a prosperous region full of Ganaderias and large houses..
The viceroy was in love with a lady in Lima, so the original name of this town was Santa Rosa de Lima, but was renamed Melchor Muzquiz after the sixth? president of the Republic
When the US Govt wanted the cantankerous Kickapoo to move themselves from their ancestral lands into Oklahoma Territory, they disobeyed the order and went to mexico and sided with the government fighting the savages of that time. In return the mexican government gave them a large tract of land bordering on the sierra madre occidental range and to this day all Mexican Kickapoos maintain their religious base there and all of them have land or houses in the area. in 1980s, Mexican Kickapoos were recognized as a North American Indian Tribe and given a reservation in Eagle Pass, Texas. So now trilingual: kickapoo is their first language and every single member speaks the language, spanish and english, they commute between their american home in Eagle Pass and their spiritual home in nacimiento de los negros near Muzquiz.
I have met quite a few doctors in my professional life as a doctor and a professor, but very few can compare themselves with the humanistic and wholistic approach of this doctor from Muzquiz, Dra Estela. I am privileged to be her colleague and friend and on my recent visit was able to consult on some of her patients in Piedras Negras, Allende and Muzquiz.
An exceptional Human being..
- Pros:so close to the United States
- Cons:too close to the united states
- In a nutshell:a nice escape from the dust and dazzle of the border
How the world has changed! on my earliest visits, even a telephone call to the outside world was a whole megillah, now... more travel advice
cochinjew's Related Pages
Mùzquiz Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Mùzquiz
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Mùzquiz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mùzquiz
Photos in MùzquizSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 72 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.