"Quiet Little University town in South Dakota" Vermillion by cochinjew
Vermillion Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 23 photos
I was invited to give a conference at the University. I was pleasantly surprised at the gentle atmosphere of the town and the peaceful nature of the place. I remember stopping by Vermillion before, for a cup of coffee after a long drive to the Indian Reservations in South Dakota, but this time I was very impressed with the place and the people I met
I have always felt the people of south dakota to be less pretentious and far more natural than many other people I have met in the Turtle Island.
Also, many of them have genuine desire to be of help. One such thing is the Guatemalan project that I was introduced to. This is an example of making a little difference in the lives of people less fortunate than you far away..
Just prices for the art work and not gouge the people at home with higher prices and volunteers to staff the shop so that every one gets a break
- Pros:A very pleasant surprise after the lifeless Sioux City in Iowa
- Cons:It is in south Dakota with its winters...
- In a nutshell:You would be surprised when you stop at this university town
apart from the usual array of Fast Food Restaurants, Vermillion has two mexican restaurants: Mexico Viejo and Recuerdos,... more travel advice
Sharing the Dream in Guatemala is an organization that promotes fair trade with cooperatives and small businesses in... more travel advice
cochinjew's Related Pages
Vermillion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Quiet Little University town in South Dakota"
- "A Music Museum Way Out Here in the Plains???"
- "Spirit Mound"
- "Basaic Vermillion Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vermillion
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Vermillion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vermillion
Photos in VermillionSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 72 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.