"Home of the Santee Sioux Tribe" Flandreau by cochinjew
Flandreau Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 5 photos
I had an extremely pleasant visit to Flandreau, lasting two days. as a guest of the Tribal Health Clinic. I was very impressed with the friendliness of the people and openess and also the less friction among the indians and non indians. This openeness was manifested in the children at the school who were innocent and outgoing and full of that vigour of rural living.
This little girl is a diirect descendant of Ohi Yesa Charles Eastman a member of the wahpeton sioux tribe who was the first indian to obtain MD degree in the USA.
A small tribe which has prospered well among the formers of german and norwegian ancestry in this part of south dakota, about 45 minutes north of sioux falls, south dakota the biggest city in south dakota
- Pros:Rural Charm, Americans as I had remembered them
- In a nutshell:A lovely lovely visit
cochinjew's Related Pages
Flandreau Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Flandreau
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Flandreau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Flandreau
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 44 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.