"To Tokelau on Nauru's CenPac Rounder" Tokelau by cochinjew
Tokelau Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 86 photos
An occasional charter from the New Zealand Government goes to the Tokelau Islands. Carrying trade goods and also tokelauns going home for vacation or school holidays. They visit all the three major atollsL Nukunonu, Atafu and Fakaofo.
To get into the atoll, one takes a small boat which heaves on the high tides outside the atoll. then wait for the right wave to take you in through the narrow cut in the coral..
repeat this three times going in and three times going out.. and watch in amazement as young tokelauns seem to do it with ease..
None to speak of. school buildings and churches. arrive on a feast day and no problem with food. especially earth oven fresh fish.
they issue their own stamps and could be cancelled with individual island marks. a nice souvenir.
- Pros:Extremely difficult to get to..
- Cons:Extremely difficult to get to
- In a nutshell:An isolated part of the pacific with a purer form of polynesia
cochinjew's Related Pages
Tokelau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "To Tokelau on Nauru's CenPac Rounder"
- "Hard reaching place"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tokelau
- Hotels in Tokelau
- Transportation in Tokelau
- Nightlife in Tokelau
- Restaurants in Tokelau
- Shopping in Tokelau
- Warnings and Dangers in Tokelau
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tokelau
- 0 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Tokelau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tokelau
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 44 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.