"Upper Class and Homeless" Walthill by cochinjew

Walthill Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 47 photos

Notes of an Upper Class Homeless Person

Looking at the travels for the first two thirds of this year, made me think of a comment by agood friend.."you are an upperclass homeless person". Dont get me wrong, I am not one of these new world people with hypenated culturally confused identities sucha s one hears of, jewish-budhist, indian-australian. But since 1993, my professional investigations and work among the indigenous peoples have made TRAVEL something that I adore into a hobby and unable to be any one place for more than a few days at a time. In fact in the last ten years, apart from La Habana Cuba when I am teaching at the university there, I have not been in any place more than a few days at a time..
I am an australian. Cuba is very close to my heart. I consider it a "HOME". I have homes ( the brick and wood variety at beautiful locales but they are mainly for my friends to visit and relax )but dont feel attached to the material aspects of them. I have an incredibly enjoyable job-which allows me to combine my interests and my personality ( also Elite status on some airlines that allows me comfortable long distance travels, in this year 13/17 long haul trips have been on Business or First Class.. Thank You.. one pass frequent flier programme!)

Upper Class and Homeless continued

The following countries have contributed to WHO I AM : Australia, Cuba, Jamaica and Brunei in that order.
USA, UK and Sweden have contributed to WHAT I AM ( professional education) perhaps that is why I am not closer to them, but grateful to them.
CITIES I HAVE LOVED LIVING IN : MELBOURNE AND BRISBANE , AUSTRALIA; LONDON ENGLAND; MIAMI USA; LA HABANA CUBA; Towns I have loved/love living in: Kuala Belait, Brunei and Baracoa, Cuba. CITIES AND TOWNS THAT I HAVE VISITED MANY MANY TIMES BECAUSE I LOVE THEM: Buenos Aires, Argentina; Portland, Oregon; Kuching, Sarawak, Cochin, Kerala; Malacaa, Malaysia; Hanoi, Vietnam; Yangon, Myanmar; Kapstaadt, RSA; Zanzibar, Indian Ocean; Suva, Fiji Islanda; Oslo, Norway
MY FAVOURITE CITY BUENOS AIRES IN ARGENTINA, MY FAVOURITE COUNTRY IS CUBA
The following countries I have enjoyed visiting and travelling ( most of them many many times )
New Zealand, Fiji, SAmoa, Malaysia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, RSA, Namibia, Ghana, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Panama, Ecuador, Colombia, Bolivia, Argentina, Chile, Brasil, Norway, Finland, Spain, Portugal and Israel
The following countries are not my favourites: Singapore, India, Oman, any english speaking island in the Caribbean especially Jamaica

UmonHon Indians

This town is nestled between the Missouri river and the gentle sloping hills on the northeastern portion of Nebraska. Most of the inhabitants are UmonHon Indians.
They have their annual dance during the second week of August.

• Pros:If you can get here, I will be your host
  • Cons:Not easy to get here unless of course some reason to
  • In a nutshell:Love being with UmonHon Indians..the best of Nebraska
  • Last visit to Walthill: Sep 2008
  • Intro Updated Sep 21, 2008

Comments

cochinjew Visits Here Frequently!

cochinjew

“If I am only for myself, what am I ?”

Badges & Stats in Walthill

Have you been to Walthill?

Latest Activity in Walthill