"Meskwakia.. the people of Red Earth" Tama by cochinjew
Tama Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 2 photos
They certainly did mine...
Meskwakia or the red earth people belong to the algonquin family of Indians. Their original home was in Green Bay, Wisconsin where they encountered the french trappers three hundred odd years ago.
Meskwakia is one the more traditional tribes of american indians, they speak their language,maintain their religion and have ceremonies and belief systems unchanged for centuries. A proud people who never accepted the encroaching arrogance of the european people who took their land away from them ( white people paid 8 cents an acre for their land ), maintain their uniqueness despite the ravages of diseases of european culture and contact.
PLEASE LEAVE THEM ALONE, TRY NOT TO INTERFERE WITH THEIR DAILY ACTIVITIES AND DO NOT TRY TO VISIT THEM OUTSIDE OF THEIR CASINO.
With the arrival of the Casino, the visitors to Tama increased tremendously, so a clever chinese saw an outlet for his... more travel advice
If you are a glutton for punishment , slither over to the casino where at anytime of the day or night, you can stuff... more travel advice
cochinjew's Related Pages
Tama Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Tama
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Tama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tama
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.