"A Memory that is Continuous" Coconut Grove by cochinjew
Coconut Grove Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 25 photos
When I was a Post Graduate Student in Medicine at Jackson Memorial Hospital of the University of Miami, Coconut Grove was a favourite haunt of all of us. It was a much quieier place then but the variety was still there. It was settled by slaves brought over from the Bahamas and it was one of the earliest settlements in Miami ( of foreigners, Indians have been around for a while..)
during the Hippie Era, I am told, Grove was a hangout for the Hippies and hte place was full of Hippie oriented shops and acoutrements. and the houses and communes sprung up. then it became a fashionable area with yuppies moving in. right now it is a very touristed area but the old charm still lingers on. it is a good place to spend an evening, enjoying one of the many restaurants.
it is the fashion all the world over now, sushi and japanese food made by asians and foreigners and non japanese and... more travel advice
cochinjew's Related Pages
Coconut Grove Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fun town to spend the day or night in"
- "goingsolo's new Coconut Grove Page"
- "Coconut Grove"
- "donovanel's new Coconut Grove Page"
- "joebedford's new Coconut Grove Page"
- "A Memory that is Continuous"
- "Cotton's Coconut Grove Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coconut Grove
- Hotels in Coconut Grove
- Transportation in Coconut Grove
- Nightlife in Coconut Grove
- Restaurants in Coconut Grove
- Warnings and Dangers in Coconut Grove
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coconut Grove
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Coconut Grove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coconut Grove
Photos in Coconut GroveSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 43 reviews, 135 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 44 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.