"Pristine Tropical Forest" Temburong by cochinjew
Temburong Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 86 photos
but cut off from the main commercial centres. by a slice of Sarawak. Easy to reach as the Govt maintains transport with reasonable frequencies. "Flying Coffins" are a fun way to skim along the pacific brunei river and its tributaries. the ride takes no more than about 35 minutes and it is comfortable.
It is strange to wander through nypah palms, coconut palms, mangrove islands and then all of a sudden you come to a town with modern architecture. I noticed that for the govt building they have maintained their malay influence but the locals, who are not Malay but Iban and other related tribes, are given consideration by inclusion of their designs, at the shopping complex for instance.
when we embarked the sweet smell of Durians hit our nose and they were on sale right on the wharf. they looked good as well, enough to eat..
- Pros:well kept secret in a less visited country
- Cons:heard govt gave up managing the national park
- In a nutshell:a very pleasant outing from the capital city
cochinjew's Related Pages
Temburong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Temburong District"
- "Temburong - Pristine Rainforest"
- "Pristine Tropical Forest"
- "Rainforest adventure"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Temburong
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Temburong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Temburong
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 132 reviews, 291 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 45 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 44 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 32 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.