"about the city of Mawlamyaing.." Mon State by cochinjew
Mon State Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 121 photos
He was stationed at Moulmein and wrote his Burmese Days here or about here...
Very romantic place to be.. the wide river.. moorish mosques brightly painted. Diverse nationalities..
I was surprised to see Budha Statues inside Tamil Hindu temples and asked the caretaker, a retired pharmacist, about it. U Myint Thein ( his tamil name is Mr Doraisamy )told me that there are about 100 000 indians in the area, 23 temples but they are all Hindu Budhists, like himself. They see no contradiction in it.
Was reading the book Jew in the Lotus and I found the presence of Hindu Budhists rather comforting and should write to someone special in Melbourne who considers herself Hindu-Jewish!
i found this website to be informative and has all the information one needs to enjoy Mawlemayne
- Pros:A delightful place to visit
- Cons:A little difficult to get to
- In a nutshell:Time to visit Moulemain .. read Burmese Days
From your room you could watch the activities on the river and also the day rising and disappearing into the... more travel advice
cochinjew's Related Pages
Mon State Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Visit to Mon State"
- "about the city of Mawlamyaing.."
- "Golden Rock state...,"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mon State
- Hotels in Mon State
- Transportation in Mon State
- Nightlife in Mon State
- Restaurants in Mon State
- Shopping in Mon State
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mon State
- 4 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Mon State?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mon State
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 44 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.