"Among the Original Inhabitants of Kerala" State of Kerala by cochinjew
State of Kerala Travel Guide: 1,641 reviews and 3,984 photos
By some quirk of travellling and personal preferences, Kerala and in particular Cochin are the only places that I know in India. I am a traveller and have been to nearly 100 countries and many of them more than a dozen times each, but the thought of travelling else where in India, however enchanting, does not appeal to me at present.
Having said that I have been able to concentrate on Kerala and Malayalees, who to me are a good group of people, helpful and pleasant.
In Kerala, I am drawn to Cochin and fortunately have made enough friends there to make sure that the stays are comfortable and enriching.
For me, the Jewish History of the Area
Secondly, the natural beauty of the Area, including Backwaters, mountains and its inhabitants
And equally importantly, the Food, which I find to be very tasty and with flavour. I am not very fond of North Indian food but the Kerala food suits me just fine.
Just a short ride away from Cochin, starting at the Athirapilly falls, one comes across the colonies of the original people of this area, generically called Adivasi, just like the Canadian Indians are called First Nations. I was very excited to meet them and their acquaintance would draw me more to the state as I plan to conceive of a project which will help them socially, and medically.
- Pros:Lovely People, Enchanting Scenery and Hospitable People
- Cons:A little bit of Wannabees..difficult to communicate well without Malayalam
- In a nutshell:To me, the best place and the only place I know well in India
i have had wonderful service from http://www.indiatouristland.com/contactus.htm you can mention that the doctor from... more travel advice
cochinjew's Related Pages
State of Kerala Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kerala - Well Worth The Wait!!"
- "God's Own Country"
- "Trivandrum ( Town of holy serpant)"
- "God's Own Country"
- "Land of Coconuts and Elephants"
- "Kerala ~ God's Own Country"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Kerala
- Hotels in State of Kerala
- Transportation in State of Kerala
- Nightlife in State of Kerala
- Restaurants in State of Kerala
- Shopping in State of Kerala
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Kerala
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in State of Kerala
- 129 Reviews
- 290 Photos
- 41 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to State of Kerala?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Kerala
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.
Top State of Kerala hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- 133 Reviews - 336 Photos
- Kovalam Hotels
- 152 Reviews - 335 Photos
- Thiruvananthapuram Hotels
- 233 Reviews - 504 Photos
- Kochi Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 974 Photos
- Alappuzha Hotels
- 56 Reviews - 250 Photos
- Calicut Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 32 Photos
- Trichur Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 1 Photo
- Irinjalakuda Hotels
- 1 Review
- Cannanore Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Varkkala Hotels
- 17 Reviews - 91 Photos
- Quilon Hotels
- 19 Reviews - 149 Photos
- Periyar Sanctuary Hotels
- 50 Reviews - 119 Photos
- Ernakulam Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 14 Photos