"Cultural Past and Intellectual Nostalgia" Bois de Vincennes by cochinjew
Bois de Vincennes Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 56 photos
The ambience was certainly different eventhough a fast rail journey brings you here within half an hour from the centre of Paris.
there is an intellectual air to the place, rightfully so since it was the quartier of intellectuals soon after the war
DeGaulle had wished that the presidents would move out of paris and would make vincennes the seat of government. For this end, he spent a lot of money renovating the castle, which is now a main tourist attraction but no Sarkozy is going to set up his office here nor any of his successors.
a cry heard very often these days in the streets of Paris, after all this is the end of June and most Parisians are preparing for their annual vacances. In this store display a huge Pig completely made of Chocalate is covered as if in sand, by brown sugar and he is wishing a bonne vacances to the passerby . this is at the window of a chocolatier
You can either take the Metro Line 1 la defense-vincennes or take RER A which brings you here within about twenty... more travel advice
cochinjew's Related Pages
Bois de Vincennes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Site of a Great Medieval Castle in a Woods (Park)."
- "Cultural Past and Intellectual Nostalgia"
- "the city of Vincennes and his castle"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bois de Vincennes
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Bois de Vincennes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bois de Vincennes
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 72 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.