Maputo Favorite Tips by cochinjew
Maputo Favorites: 34 reviews and 76 photos
Favorite thing: Along the avenida mao tse tung, taking a left from Fatimas as you come out, and going towards the junction of the main street , on the right hand side you would see an internet place..
Fondest memory: Gujeratis speaking portuguese in a sing song way.. this place like many other businesses are gujerati run..
Favorite thing: wherever you see this sign, there are usually ATM machines and they usually have cash. the money comes out in Meticais, the mozambican currency
boys from asia
Favorite thing: avenida mao tse tung crosses avenida kim il sung.. two asian giants.. in this faraway corner of africa...
lenin and agostinho neto
Favorite thing: streets are named after grand revolutionaries..
ali from lebanon
Favorite thing: Despite the desparate economic situation in Mocambique, it would be hard to believe that there is still migration into Mocambique..
Ali, migrated here from Lebanon after the war stopped, along with his two cousins botht of whom are illiterate. they run two or three small shops .. selling bread, coffee and such. obviously they have prospered..
Fondest memory: It is nice to make immediate connections with people.. who share with you centuries of transmigratory patterns.. after all my own people have been migrating all over the world for more than 2000 years...
Faculty of Medicine
Favorite thing: People may hold different opinons about Fidel Jefe y Comandante de Cuba. But one thing no one can deny him.. NO SINGLE LEADER IN THE WORLD NOR ANY COUNTRY HAS HELPED AFRICA IN MEDICAL TERMS AS HE HAS.. Being a Doctor involved in Humanitarian work, this brings me great pride to be associated with a country which does so much to provide health care for Africa
Fondest memory: I will have an opportunity hopefully in the near future to teach the cultural aspects of Medicine in Mozambique.. THE FACULTY OF MEDICINE IS ALMOST ENTIRELY MADE UP OF SPECIALISTS FROM CUBA...
If you wish to help the students who are from
Mocambique and Sao Tome, please bring medical text books in Portuguese if you have access to them...
More Reviews (10)
cochinjew's Related Pages
Maputo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Maputo - formerly "Lourenço Marques""
- "Backpacking in MAPUTO"
- "NICE COUNTRY - BAD GOVERNMENT"
- "The tide of changes"
- "Maputo...and lobster feast!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maputo
- Hotels in Maputo
- Transportation in Maputo
- Nightlife in Maputo
- Restaurants in Maputo
- Shopping in Maputo
- Warnings and Dangers in Maputo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maputo
- 16 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Maputo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maputo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 132 reviews, 291 photos, 6 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 45 reviews, 143 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 44 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 32 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Myanmar (Burma) Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.
- Livro Aberto Library, Language, and Literacy Center- 1 Review, 5 Photos