"ah! to come back to Baracoa after Travel and Work" Top 5 Page for this destination Baracoa by cochinjew
Baracoa Travel Guide: 133 reviews and 224 photos
Baracoa, one of the more beautiful spots in the island of Cuba. Lying towards the eastern end of the island, settled by Taino/Arawak Indians about 1000 years ago. They died off soon after contact with Conquistadores, leaving their memory etched in the face of some of the inhabitants.
The town of Baracoa is and has been full of eccentric and interesting characters. The most intersting one during this generation is Miguel Angel Castro Machado, Historian, founder of Museo Matachin, racounteur extraordinaire, loyal friend. He knows more about the ecology, history, geography and character of this town than any one else.
Consider it a privilege to meet him.
People often ask me, what and where do you eat in Baraoca.. I wish you had the same luck as I do, living next door to Miguelin, who was a chef at Varadero Hotels for nearly 25 years.
Most visitors who are lucky enough to savour his food say: It is the best food in Cuba. I agree. In one week, Miguelin cooked, paeilla valenciana, lobster in chilli sauce, fresh fish in ginger sauce, his salads are not the usual cuban salad of pepinos and tomatos. avacados, different vegetables, guacamole style, with spices from his garden.
and you will drink the best Mojito in Cuba, as good as the ones in Bodeguita del Medio in Habana
- Pros:Not very easy to get to
- Cons:Not very easy to get to
- In a nutshell:Lovely people in touch with their surroundings
On 20th March, huge waves hit the coast line of Baracoa. There was no rain in sight. But the metereologists said it was... more travel advice
in Baracoa, it is not surprising to see the local barbershops full of waiting people.. children and adults waiting for... more travel advice
- See All Congress on Archeology
- See All Paladar Colonial being Honest.. I think
- See All new bandstand along the malecon
- a little supermarket under the sun
cochinjew's Related Pages
Baracoa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Baracoa - "Land of waters""
- "ah! to come back to Baracoa after Travel and Work"
- "RickL's new Baracoa Page"
- "Baracoa - Way off the beaten path"
- "Stranding in sight of the top from El Junci"
- "Baracoa - Cuban Capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baracoa
- Hotels in Baracoa
- Transportation in Baracoa
- Nightlife in Baracoa
- Restaurants in Baracoa
- Warnings and Dangers in Baracoa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baracoa
- 35 Reviews
- 41 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 23 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Baracoa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baracoa
Photos in BaracoaSee All Photos (41)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 44 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.