"A Pleasant Normandie Town" Ouistreham by cochinjew
Ouistreham Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 10 photos
Dont you think it is a bit odd that a French town should be called Ouistreham... much more saxon sounding than norman sounding.. even without any great linguistic skill we can make out: either west and port or oyster and port... of germanic tongue origin...
It was one of the regions that the allied forces landed during the liberation that began on 6th June 1944 and this particular area was under the command of the British and the French under them..
It was rumoured that a certain Lord who led the British troups had his Piper with him.. ah well
Mussels Moules en francais are everywhere... and for lunch there is nothing like a basket of moules in the sauce of your choice... roquefort or provencal or even curry if you like... always comes with homemade frites..
at the plaza surrounding the Phar, the Lighthouse, there are a number of cafes and restaurants and all of them offer moules..
- Pros:just two hours from Paris, tranquil seaside town
- Cons:Just two hours from Paris, in summer ?
- In a nutshell:enjoyed very much the friendly people of normandie
cochinjew's Related Pages
Ouistreham Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Ouistreham
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Ouistreham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ouistreham
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Miami Intro, 44 reviews, 132 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.