"the myanma name is Mottama" Martaban by cochinjew
Martaban Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
The ferry landing, to and fro Mawlamyaing, is the busiest part of this town, which is well connected to Yangon with frequent fast buses and also a train service direct to Yangon
Nobody seems to be certain of the times of the governement ferry: large and charges the foreigners 1 usd.each way
we rented a boat for 4000 kyats ( less than 5 ) to take us across to Mottama and back and on the way back the sun was setting and the town of Mawlamyaing lighting up... and with its skyline of moorish mosques and stalinist architecture of hotels...
Military and their cronies have preference on this ferry, so you might end up waiting for hours even if you are first in line.
Better to by road, by pass Mottama and go north ...
- Pros:Convenient and tranquil
- Cons:Mawlamyaing is close by, if it is anything negative
- In a nutshell:Time to get off the tourist route and see Burma!
cochinjew's Related Pages
Martaban Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Martaban
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Martaban?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Martaban
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 120 reviews, 284 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kochi Intro, 123 reviews, 281 photos, 6 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 51 reviews, 125 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rangoon Intro, 70 reviews, 103 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 42 reviews, 130 photos, 1 travelogue
- Miami Intro, 43 reviews, 127 photos, 5 travelogues
- Buenos Aires Intro, 73 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bangalore Intro, 47 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 31 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Burma Intro, 41 reviews, 68 photos, 5 travelogues
No friends yet.