"Come Play in Washougal!" Washougal by thecatsmeow
Washougal Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 223 photos
When I first built my page for Washougal I just put in a little intro but now after having been on VT for almost 4 years I have discovered more about my litttle town then I previously knew. 2.75 miles east of Washougal in 1792 William R. Broughton claimed the Columbia river for Great Britain at Reed Island. It was not until 1846 that this claim was relinquished under the US-Canada boundry treaty. Gosh I could have been living in Canada. :)
Washougal though not far from the bustle of a large metropolitan area (Portland OR/Vancouver WA) is a quiet little place along a beautiful couple of rivers. The Columbia and The Washougal. The Columbia is good for boating and water skiing as it is the larger of the two. I would not suggest swimming in it though. The Washougal although smaller in size is an excellent river for recreation. Lazy, rapid and full of fish.In the summer we get a lot of tourists coming through to enjoy the water and the Motocross Park. For those of you who don't mind some nature instead of some traffic you should really come out to see us. Unfortunately there is only one place to stay here in town and I do not think I would. :) Stay in Vancouver and come play in Washougal!
- Pros:Peaceful little town, Great for watersports,motocross ,and other outdoor fun.
- In a nutshell:Great place to come play in the outdoors! .
OK I have to admit that for some reason Jett Burgers address is a Camas address but it is in Washougal truely. The line... more travel advice
This store is located right next to the mill. It has clothes for men and women that are maade right here. The store also... more travel advice
thecatsmeow's Related Pages
Washougal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Come Play in Washougal!"
- "Gateway to the Columbia River Gorge"
- "oneonta_ni's new Washougal Page"
- "jhynds's new Washougal Page"
- "Basaic Washougal Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Washougal
- Hotels in Washougal
- Restaurants in Washougal
- Shopping in Washougal
- Warnings and Dangers in Washougal
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Washougal
- 11 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 59 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Washougal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Washougal
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: I missed my daughter Shelby!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Winter Storm 2004 in Washougal"
- created a Washougal Travelogue "Winter Storm 2004 in Washougal"
- Wrote a Review One Bite and We've Got You in Washougal Restaurants
- Commented on one of oneonta_ni's Washougal travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln City Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Astoria Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Washougal Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Virginia Beach Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Great Stirrup Cay Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portsmouth Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues