"Come Play in Washougal!" Washougal by thecatsmeow

Washougal Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 223 photos

My home base

When I first built my page for Washougal I just put in a little intro but now after having been on VT for almost 4 years I have discovered more about my litttle town then I previously knew. 2.75 miles east of Washougal in 1792 William R. Broughton claimed the Columbia river for Great Britain at Reed Island. It was not until 1846 that this claim was relinquished under the US-Canada boundry treaty. Gosh I could have been living in Canada. :)
Washougal though not far from the bustle of a large metropolitan area (Portland OR/Vancouver WA) is a quiet little place along a beautiful couple of rivers. The Columbia and The Washougal. The Columbia is good for boating and water skiing as it is the larger of the two. I would not suggest swimming in it though. The Washougal although smaller in size is an excellent river for recreation. Lazy, rapid and full of fish.In the summer we get a lot of tourists coming through to enjoy the water and the Motocross Park. For those of you who don't mind some nature instead of some traffic you should really come out to see us. Unfortunately there is only one place to stay here in town and I do not think I would. :) Stay in Vancouver and come play in Washougal!

• Pros:Peaceful little town, Great for watersports,motocross ,and other outdoor fun.
  • Cons:seasonal
  • In a nutshell:Great place to come play in the outdoors! .
  • Intro Updated Jun 11, 2005

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I stumbled on your page by accident. Washougal was the first place I visited in Washington. My fiance dragged me there to see the motocross track. I was pleasantly surprised at the peacefulness of the area. We stayed 'across the creek' in Troutdale.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 22, 2009 at 10:14 PM

~ Hi, Joyce ! It's a great place to enjoy! Thanks for your nice story... ><><><><><><><

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2009 at 4:39 PM

hello featured VTer of the day. i liked the tips about your hometown. my niece moved to portland from detroit last month. i am sure i will be in this region soon :-)

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2008 at 7:19 AM

These days nice to be in a small town; we are glad WE are. Christmas grtgs to all of you and from mis gatos a sus gato!

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 10:23 PM

I now know where on the planet this place is really....

• IncogNeat-0's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2007 at 12:01 PM

I'll be darned! I thought all the Pendleton stuff was made south of the border these days. California's, not yours or ours. Happy, if surprised, to learn it isn't so.

• funnybeee's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 9:14 PM

OMG, Joyce, we are only 30 minutes apart from one another! Just googled it :) Beee

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2007 at 4:07 AM

Yeah, it's always great to explore your own hometown. We had the same about ours. Thanx to VT we have enjoyed it even more. Nice site and thanx for sharing. Travel on!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2007 at 7:00 AM

Sounds like a fun, muddy destination! I was almost expecting to see the chili burger under the warnings and dangers tips!

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Jan 10, 2007 at 5:18 AM

Looks nice Joyce. Fyi, the Pacific Northwest is on the radar for 08. Yes, you guessed it, thats 2008, lol.

thecatsmeow Lives Here!

thecatsmeow

“A happy day 09/09/2011”

Badges & Stats in Washougal

Have you been to Washougal?

Latest Activity in Washougal