"Multnomah Falls" Top 5 Page for this destination Multnomah Falls by thecatsmeow

Multnomah Falls Travel Guide: 70 reviews and 183 photos

A little background on the falls

Multnomah Falls is the second highest year round waterfall in the United Staes.It drops 620 feet.
It is fed by underground springs from Larch Mountain.The flow is usually at its strongest in the winter and spring. This is the number 1 public destination in Oregon with over 2 million visitors a year.

Benson Bridge

Benson bridge was constructed in 1914 by Simon Benson.Owner of the falls at that time. It was constructed by italian stone masons. The bridge allows visitors to cross the falls between the upper and lower cataracts. You can get some great pics from there.

• Pros:Beautiful area with hiking trails and good photo oportunities
  • Cons:Gets a little crowded int he summer and the path to the top is rather narrow.
  • In a nutshell:Nice scenic area worth the trip
  • Intro Updated Jun 25, 2003

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 2:25 PM

What a great spot. We are hoping to visit in late Oct 2010. Looking forward to doing the hikes around the area.

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2005 at 3:25 PM

The waterfall is just great, it reminds me of Norway. Fortunately, the food prices don't.

• lionreb's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2005 at 5:43 PM

cool place, for sure!

• mustertal's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2005 at 1:56 AM

It looks my sort of place,very specracular.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2005 at 8:22 PM

I used to always stop at Multnomah Falls with my kids on the way from Eastern Oregon to Portland. It's amazing such a beautiful place is right next to the freeway.

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 1:16 AM

We have a few waterfalls but not anything spectacular like that!

• Easty's Profile Photo
    Jan 11, 2005 at 7:49 PM

Multnomah Falls is definitely a special place. The height of the Upper Falls was very impressive, especially for this Easterner.

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2004 at 5:25 AM

Thanks for visiting my pages. This looks like a gorgeous area! I have a weakness for waterfalls!

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2004 at 8:01 PM

I LOVE camping in Oregon, my favorite state parks. We stayed near here a few years ago. Was right after the mudslides from a few years back.

• JetlagCity's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2004 at 8:55 PM

Looks like a very beautiful area! I had my wedding by a waterfall here in Washington, so I'm partial to them : )

thecatsmeow

“A happy day 09/09/2011”

Badges & Stats in Multnomah Falls

Have you been to Multnomah Falls?

Latest Activity in Multnomah Falls