"A nice getaway 2 hours from home" Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln City by thecatsmeow

Lincoln City Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 145 photos

One Day at Time- A Sea Tale

A man was walking down a deserted beach at sunset. As he walked along, he saw another man picking up starfish that had been washed up on the beach and, one at a time, he was throwing them back into the water.

He approached the man and said, "Good evening, friend. I was wondering what you are doing?"
I was throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, it's low tide and all these starfish have been washed up onto shore. If I don't throw them back into the sea, they will die.

" I understand",replied the first man, "but there must be thousands of starfish on this beach. You cannot possibly make a difference to all of them."

The man smiled, bent down and picked up another starfish, and as he threw it back into the sea, he replied, " Made a difference to that one! "
Authour unknown

An Everchanging Ocean

Lincoln City is nestled between 7 miles of sandy beaches and a 680 acre scenic lake on the central Oregon Coast. I love the beach and even if it is storming outside I can feel the calm wash over me if I am oceanside.

Petrified Remains

If It is a real dry year a whole bunch of petrified tree stumps are visible when the tide is out. The whole area used to be a forest many , many years ago.Before humans were around I am supposing.

• Pros:Its the beach!!!Lots of fresh seafood.
  • Cons:Not many I can think of :)
  • In a nutshell:A welcome retreat for all ages
  • Last visit to Lincoln City: Jan 2007
  • Intro Updated Feb 17, 2007

• Ann75's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Great page with some helpful tips about this wonderful place. We stopped here last year while visiting the Oregon Coast and loved the main beach here as well as the Outlet mall. We will be going back to the Oregon Coast this year and will be staying in Lincoln City for 1 week. Can't wait to explore all the rest of Lincoln City!

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2009 at 2:40 AM

Wonderful tips...as always. Really appreciate the tip about the driftwood. That would ruin one's day.

• Aug 7, 2008 at 3:22 PM

I lost my phone. A kind person returned it to the Chinook Winds Casino Hotel. The staff called my mother-in-law. They wanted me to blindly leave my credit card info to a staff member who'd mail my phone in a few days. I drove pick it up. Over 120 miles!

• penipenguin's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2008 at 4:53 AM

I first visited Lincoln city in May 2007 on a trip to Oregon from Scotland. It was the first place that I had seen the Pacific ocean. Love the place and everyone you meet is so friendly!!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2007 at 12:11 PM

Looks like a wonderful place to visit or live. I love the beach too, its nothing like it at all! Wonderful page!

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2007 at 10:24 PM

Stunning pics you have here ;-)

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2006 at 3:10 PM

Great, personalized tips. Great looking beaches - even with the killer driftwood :) Birthday greetings from Alaska!

• Azonie's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 7:25 PM

Awesome picture of the starfish! Great pages and tips!

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2006 at 5:37 AM

Lovely sunset pic Joyce. You and Hansi can check out the Chinook Winds Casino while I check out the starfish on the beach. That's what we miss most about our beloved Biloxi. Casinos & beaches. I love Motel 6 They are always clean & economical. Great page.

• Mandy23's Profile Photo
    Feb 18, 2006 at 4:56 PM

Great tips. This place seems to be well worth a visit.

thecatsmeow

“A happy day 09/09/2011”

Badges & Stats in Lincoln City

Have you been to Lincoln City?

Photos in Lincoln City