"Family Ties!" Woodward by thecatsmeow
Woodward Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 10 photos
Woodward is where some of my family resides and up until 1991 I did not even know they existed. My father and his brother went back to Oklahoma and found thier real mother. Grandpa having divorced and remarried while they were young.After my father passed in 1992 I decided I needed to go back and meet with the relatives.I grabbed a bag and headed to Oklahoma. Not knowing what to expect I was a bit nervous but it turns out I have a great family!! They met me on the out skirts of town and headed me straight into a family reunion. HOLY COW !I have alot more family then I thought here! I think I met over a hundred people. Amazing! I was able to go and visit in 1993 and 1994. I am still in touch with several and I do want to go back again for a visit because the people in Oklahoma are some of the nicest I have ever met in my life. I so enjoyed the beauty of the state and cannot wait to return.
I was busy running around getting to know family so I did not get to do alot of touristy things but I did learn a few things that you can do on a farm. LOL! My Aunt and cousins took me out to a farmers pastureland and we went cliff diving. The pictures I have included in this opener are of the top of the ravine. Man it was a shock to see in the middle of nowhere. They were teasing me so bad about thinking everything would be flat here in Oklahoma. Guilty as charged ! As I dig through pictures I hope to find the ones of us actually running off the cliff. You had to run as there was a small outcrop of rocks about 15 feet down and you had to have the momentum to clear the birds that have built thier nests on the rocks. What a rush!
- Pros:The people are sooo friendly!
- Cons:Um they have these things called tornados!
- In a nutshell:A warm and friendly town.
Fort Supply Lake is located in northwest Oklahoma in Woodward County on Wolf Creek, approximately 1 mile south of Fort... more travel advice
thecatsmeow's Related Pages
Woodward Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Woodward
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Woodward?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Woodward
Photos in WoodwardSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 20 reviews, 74 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reno Intro, 21 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lincoln City Intro, 20 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Las Vegas Intro, 16 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Oahu Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Astoria Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Washougal Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Virginia Beach Intro, 7 reviews, 19 photos
- Great Stirrup Cay Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portsmouth Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (54)
Latest Woodward hotel reviews
- Northwest Inn
- 36 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013