"Cliffs,Castles and Cool Landscapes" County Clare by chrissyalex
County Clare Travel Guide: 705 reviews and 1,894 photos
We spent our first day and last day in County Clare and also passed through it in between. There is quite a bit to see here.,the Cliffs of Moher, the unique barren landscape of the Burren Region, the pretty town of Ennis, Doolin and Bunratty Castle. We also experienced several different types of weather from light showers,heavy downpours,hailstorms, beautiful rainbows and clear blue skies!
Our first day we arrived in Shannon airport, picked up our rental car and we were off! First on our list were the Cliffs of Moher, one of Ireland's most visited sights. Well...it took us a little longer than expected to arrive there being we had no sleep ,had to get used to driving on the left and on some narrow,winding roads .We did get a little lost once..but what better place to get lost in !
Here is a handy place to visit for a couple of hours on your first or last day in Ireland,if you are flying into or out... more travel advice
The Dromoland Castle offers three restaurants, The Fig Tree which is in the country club, light meals in the Drawing... more travel advice
chrissyalex's Related Pages
County Clare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Sweet County Clare"
- "The Cliffs of Moher, the Burren & a lot more !"
- "Cliffs of Moher and Burren"
- "Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren"
- "The Cliffs of Moher"
- "Co. Clare..The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher"
- "County Clare"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Clare
- Hotels in County Clare
- Transportation in County Clare
- Nightlife in County Clare
- Restaurants in County Clare
- Shopping in County Clare
- Warnings and Dangers in County Clare
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Clare
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to County Clare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Clare
- Posted in Travel Auburn Forum "Re: Auburn, NY in detail"
- Commented on one of Bwana_Brown's County Clare travel pages
- updated a County Clare Travel Page "Cliffs,Castles and Cool Landscapes"
- Wrote a Review Bunratty Castle and Folk Park in County Clare Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "An almost 400 year-old Pub"
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 45 reviews, 84 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cusco Intro, 34 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Auburn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues
Top County Clare hotels
- Ennis Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 111 Photos
- Doolin Hotels
- 117 Reviews - 231 Photos
- Shannon Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 177 Photos
- Lisdoonvarna Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Bunratty Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 216 Photos
- Newmarket on Fergus Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Killaloe Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Ballyvaughan Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Sixmilebridge Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Milltown Malbay Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Liscannor Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Lehinch Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Kilrush Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Kilmaley Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Killinaboy Hotels
- 1 Review - 4 Photos