"chrissyalex's new Keflavik Page" Keflavík by chrissyalex

Keflavík Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 192 photos

Practically everyone visiting Iceland will see Keflavik because that is where the international airport is located. Well, I have to say,when I first arrived I thought my trip was a huge mistake! We landed and were taking a bus to Reykjavik and it was snowing and blowing and all I could think of was it looked like the moon! Why am I visiting such a cold ,barren place?!?!Why!?!? I had seen a program about Iceland on the television a year before my trip and thought that it was such an interesting country! Then Icelandair was offering an incredible off season deal and I told some people about it and then a group of us decided to visit! Well,just prior to leaving I started to get very nervous and have reservations. Will it be so cold that I won't be able to have a good time and see the natural wonders? Then I told myself,"You live in New York state and it is just as cold or maybe even colder in the winter! You will be fine!" I kept telling myself this and tried to keep a postive attitude, but getting off the plane and seeing and feeling the cold,wind and snow brought all my fears back! These were only momentary thoughts though, because it turned out to be one of my most interesting trips!And actually, the weather in Iceland turned out to be much better than the weather in New York at the time! NY had a storm while I was gone!

• Last visit to Keflavík: Mar 1999
  • Intro Written Sep 28, 2002

Badges & Stats in Keflavík

Have you been to Keflavík?

Latest Activity in Keflavík