Cobh Things to Do Tips by chrissyalex Top 5 Page for this destination
Cobh Things to Do: 56 reviews and 91 photos
St Coleman's Cathedral
It would be impossible not to find St Coleman's Cathedral when you visit Cobh! Set on a steep hill, this large Gothic revival church towers over the entire town.It has the largest carillon in Ireland and Britain with 49 bells.
Directions: Impossible to miss
The Lusitania Memorial
This is a memorial to those whose lives were lost when the Lusitania was sunk by German torpedos off the Old Head of Kinsale in 1915. Many of the survivors were brought to Cobh and many of the unidentifed dead were buried here also.
The Titanic Memorial
This is a memorial to the Irish emmigrant victims of the Titanic . Cobh was the last stop of this ship before its tragic sinking in 1912.
One of the displays
If you visit Cobh and only get to see one thing, this should be it! The Queenstown Story is a museum which nicely presents the rich history of Cobh. There are displays on the Titanic,the Lusitania,the potato famine,Irish emmigration, the cruise ships, the coffin ships, and the convict ships . It is extremely interesting.
Admission is 5 euros Please check the website for admission hours.
Address: Cobh Railway Station
Statue of Annie Moore and her brothers
Annie Moore was the first emmigrant to be processed in Ellis Island. If you have been to Ellis Island, this statue may look familiar to you as there is a similiar one of Annie Moore on display there also.
Directions: Outside the Cobh Heritage Centre
More Reviews (5)
chrissyalex's Related Pages
Cobh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Town With Too Many Memories"
- "Cobh, Ireland"
- "3 million irish are wrong !"
- "Cobh - Ireland's former gateway to the new world"
- "Lusitania, Titanic, Convicts, Emigrants..."
- "Cobh - Immigrants, The Titantic, and great people"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cobh
- Hotels in Cobh
- Transportation in Cobh
- Nightlife in Cobh
- Restaurants in Cobh
- Shopping in Cobh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cobh
- 10 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Cobh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cobh
Photos in CobhSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 45 reviews, 84 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cusco Intro, 34 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tunisia Intro, 26 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Valletta Intro, 18 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Auburn Intro, 23 reviews, 39 photos, 4 travelogues
- London Intro, 24 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 15 reviews, 38 photos, 4 travelogues