"Land Nordrhein-Westfalen..." Top 5 Page for this destination Land Nordrhein-Westfalen by Gili_S

Land Nordrhein-Westfalen Travel Guide: 6,081 reviews and 16,290 photos

...which is North Rhine-Westphalia in English :)

This region of Germany is the most crowded with industry and business centers. However, there is also a lot to do here from the tourist point of view and as I have been visited here many times I added some good inside tips about this region.
Especially I enjoyed visiting the following cities: Dusseldorf, Duisburg, Mulheim an der Ruhr, Bochum, Essen, Gelsenkirchen, Koln & Wuppertal.
Also smaller places are great to visit, the small city of Hattingen and the toen of Xanten on the far west.

• Last visit to Land Nordrhein-Westfalen: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 20, 2010

• hundertmorgen's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2005 at 5:32 AM

mhhh, Bonn is not that nice... how about Monschau? That's in NRW also and I was there in my childhood with my parents... would love to visit it again :-)

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2004 at 9:45 AM

We used the little airport in Weeze, excellent value for money.

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2004 at 6:11 PM

Great tips on Nordrhein-Westfalen.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Dec 26, 2003 at 9:56 AM

Nice page Gil! And I promise I will try "das Zigeunerschnitzel" next time :-))) Thanks for the tip! :-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2003 at 2:11 PM

But you have to mention Borussia Moenchengladbach first, because we already had 2 finnish players: Mikael Forrsell and Jonaas Kolkka .... :o)

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2003 at 12:14 PM

Seems, you had very nice trip!

• tessy's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2003 at 1:48 PM

Seems I have to visit there! I never thought that Mulheim looks so pretty. Don't forget all the soccer teams when talking about NRW! ;-)

• Knutt's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2003 at 1:31 PM

Did not even know myself that NRW has such scenic places...wonderful photos again, Gil!

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2003 at 2:01 AM

look forward 2 yr munster page .. haha tx .. but i ve been busy finding me a hotel :-)

• Kristina1701's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2003 at 4:49 AM

nice start; when it comes to nrw, I've only visited köln and bonn so far, oh and bottropp

Gili_S

“Two beer or not two beer (Shakesbeer)”

Badges & Stats in Land Nordrhein-Westfalen

Have you been to Land Nordrhein-Westfalen?

Latest Activity in Land Nordrhein-Westfalen