"Dubrovnik" Top 5 Page for this destination Dubrovnik by Gili_S

Dubrovnik Travel Guide: 1,822 reviews and 4,853 photos

Autumn visit to beautiful Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik is a beautiful old city by the Adriatic Sea. It has a lot to offer from all aspect of tourism and I’ve been planning for long time to visit this place. Thanks to the good tips of my local country advisers "diocletianvs" and "Nykaenen" I also knew to avoid the heat of the summer and the big crowds of it, so on one late September or early autumn day we took direct flight and arrived to this magical city.

• Pros:It keeps all its promises
  • Cons:...as well as being popular and crowded
  • Last visit to Dubrovnik: Sep 2010
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2011

• xaver's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2013 at 4:41 AM

NIce, I really loved this city even if I could not swim as I came in october.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Great tips

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2011 at 10:12 AM

What a great place to visit....Thanks for your story! Good for you! :-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Gil, very comprehensive page of Dubrovnik here. Entertaining to read. I also took a photo of the Gil's place in the old town, but forgot to send it to you afterwards. Bajadera is indeed available in Switzerland as well, haven't seen it in Germany though.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2011 at 2:05 AM

Excellent page! We can buy Bajadera chocolates now here in the Coop supermarket in Zurich :) So you know what to buy next time you come this way ;)

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Think I found 'em, well at least some liquors that were not there last time I looked. Still take the Tomislav Dark & glad you found it too. Hard to believe a former eastern block country has such good chockey. Nice tan btw. ;)

Gili_S

“Two beer or not two beer (Shakesbeer)”

Badges & Stats in Dubrovnik

Have you been to Dubrovnik?

Latest Activity in Dubrovnik