"Oh, Zagreb, I wanna go again ..." Zagreb by Gili_S

Zagreb Travel Guide: 1,867 reviews and 4,713 photos

My visit to Zagreb was brief. I decided to use the long midsummer weekend to go and visit the Croatian capital Zagreb. If it wasn't for VT and the wonderful VT members: Nykaenen, diocletianvs, danijelita & croisbeauty I do not think I would have visited this place yet. It was especially Nykaenen & diocletianvs that during the past two years wrote to me and told me how wonderful Zagreb is and that I had to come and visit. So, finally I did it and I that was one of the most wonderful weekend trips I had.

• Pros:Everything
  • Cons:Did not find any
  • In a nutshell:It was so wonderful, it was culture shock. . . to return back to Finland ;-)
  • Last visit to Zagreb: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 22, 2005

• JessH's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2007 at 2:49 AM

I've often heard that Croatia is beautiful, and your pages have confirmed the rumour. Very nice tips & photos here! Really enjoyed your pages / Jess

• rahoka's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2007 at 2:10 AM

Hi. My visit to Zagreb was also brief in June last year but it is definitely a place that I won't froget. Thanks for sharing.

• SanguiniA's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2006 at 1:47 PM

Wow, seems like you had a real blast here .... the wonderful places, the beer, the food, the VT friends - and the beautiful girls :-)))) Ha, wonder which other place could compete?? ;-)

• KristaB's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2005 at 2:56 PM

oh, my good old Zagreb, you need to come back to get more details for your tips especially more beer brands, I'm dying to read about 5 more ... *burp* ;o)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Nov 30, 2005 at 4:33 AM

It makes all the difference to have local friends :))

• ginte's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2005 at 7:50 AM

Just amazing 'Dangers' tips and lovely 'Local Customs' tips:-) Looks like you've had a great time there and a perfect weather.

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 10:06 AM

You definitely have to come back - you still haven't tried Kaltenberg and Staro Cesko pivo ;) Nice work Gil.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 1:37 AM

Good to see you found Tomislav but what about the brewpub? Great beer expose as expected and I see that summer in Zagreb does have its dangers....not that it seems you're ready to complain. ;> Great job, Gil.

• croisbeauty's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 1:09 AM

Didn't know we have so many beer brands here! Wel done Gil. (Mirogoj-you forgot to mentioned orthodox)

• Nov 23, 2005 at 11:55 PM

Great page Gil. You seem to really love this city, (and the beers ;-))

Gili_S

“Two beer or not two beer (Shakesbeer)”

Badges & Stats in Zagreb