Bergen Transportation Tips by Gili_S Top 5 Page for this destination
Bergen Transportation: 73 reviews and 71 photos
The best and the fastest way to get to Bergen is by airplane. The airport is not very big located about 20 km from the city. There are not too many international connections and often you will require changing planes in Oslo or Copenhagen.
Bergen is relatively small and as I was visiting during a nice weekend in the summer, walking was the best way to see this city. Just remember, there are lots of hills, so have good shoes with you.
Like most of the cities in Europe, also Bergen has this sightseeing train option, but to be honest, even that I did not use it, I rather see it useful here as there is a lot to see and some might get fast tired walking up the hills.
The Floyen Funicular will take you all the way from downtown to the top of the Floyen mountain. I think its about 8 or 10 euro return ticket, which is absolutely normal price in Norway for local transportation of 5 minutes.
There are train connection to Bergen from Oslo and some other destinations. However, due to its geographic location and the Norwegian mountains, trains are not that developed in Norway and are very expensive.
Braathens is a sub ordinate operator of SAS airlines, they fly from Bergen to many domestic and regional destinations. Their service is reasonable and you can make booking easy on-line.
More Reviews (43)
- See All Rock Pub
- See All Cafe Opera
- See All Hostel
- See All Where is the Zoo?
- See All The Bryggen area
Gili_S's Related Pages
Bergen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bergen - The city between the seven mountains"
- "The sunshine city of blue sky, blue sea, blue eyes"
- "Bergen in Norway"
- "The Fjord' Capital City"
- "City of rain and some nice benches"
- "Welcome to the land of the Vikings!"
- "Bergen in Fall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bergen
- Hotels in Bergen
- Transportation in Bergen
- Nightlife in Bergen
- Restaurants in Bergen
- Shopping in Bergen
- Warnings and Dangers in Bergen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Porto Santo Stefano Hotels
- Squamish Hotels
- Basingstoke Hotels
- Crown Point State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Bergen
- 49 Reviews
- 100 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Bergen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bergen
- Posted in Travel Düsseldorf Forum "Re: What about prices in august?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bergen sunshine VT meeting"
- updated a Bergen Travel Page "The sunshine city of blue sky, blue sea, blue eyes"
- Commented on one of evaanna's Bergen travel pages
- Wrote a Review Rock Pub about Pubs. in Bergen Nightlife
Photos in BergenSee All Photos (100)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 103 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubrovnik Intro, 59 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phan Thiet Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 59 reviews, 108 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat Intro, 53 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 100 photos
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 49 reviews, 104 photos
- Prague Intro, 58 reviews, 92 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (34)
Latest Bergen hotel reviews
- Crowded House Travel Lodge
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- Hotel Park Pension
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 2, 2013
- First Hotel Marin
- 206 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Radisson SAS Royal Hotel
- 258 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Victoria Hotel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 9, 2013
- Neptun Hotel Bergen
- 154 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- Marken Gjestehus
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Amalie's Guesthouse
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 4, 2010
- City Apartment Hotel
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 21, 2013
- Grand Hotel Terminus
- 278 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Dreggen Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Bergen Travel Hotel
- 35 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 3, 2013
- Best Western Hordaheimen
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Thon Hotel Bergen Airport
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Fish Market- 37 Reviews, 57 Photos
- Mount Fløien- 59 Reviews, 114 Photos
- Buildings, streets and Alleys- 38 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Hansa Bryggen- 41 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Fjords- 11 Reviews, 27 Photos
- City centre / Waterfront / Parks- 34 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Museums / Memorials- 21 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Mount Ulriken- 8 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Edvard Grieg / Troldhaugen- 11 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Tours and Activities- 21 Reviews, 24 Photos
See All Bergen Things to Do