"Kruger National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Kruger National Park by Gili_S

Kruger National Park Travel Guide: 668 reviews and 1,775 photos

A fantastic adventure to see wildlife of its best.

The Kruger National Park is probably one of the best parks in the world regarding safari and wildlife. This page here is about our wonderful adventures and experience with useful tips and wild life photos.

The plan to visit the Kruger park was long time ago on my mind, but I never really knew when I will make it, one thing I always knew, to visit in July, for many reasons, it is not too hot, it is the dry season and some other reasons as well.
So when we could get a good barging price to fly to South Africa, we packs our backpacks, camera and some stuff and went on this great adventure.

I am not much into writing as one photo is better then thousands words, anyhow, my “what to do” tips here distinguished between what we saw on a self drive and what we saw with a guide. I hope you will enjoy it.

• Pros:The nature, the animals, the facilities, everything.
  • Cons:Too far from Finland
  • In a nutshell:Probably the best park in the world...
  • Last visit to Kruger National Park: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2010

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Love you pages and animal photos..Kruger is on my must goto lists!!

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2010 at 4:52 AM

Great photos. I wish I went on a walking safari.

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2009 at 5:19 AM

You really had a good time didn't You? Shows in your photos. thanks

• canuck68's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2009 at 9:05 PM

I enjoyed my second trip through your Kruger pages.

• shufits's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2009 at 8:40 PM

This book is a must! It covers every thing from the camps to the roads and animals. A great way to tick off the animals we've seen and we even mark on the road maps of where we've spotted the best sightings.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2009 at 4:27 PM

excellent pics at Kruger...Yous saw a lot of animals!...as always, my favorite is the elephant...Norman :)

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2009 at 8:21 AM

Wow, what an adventure and fantastic photos too! I loved your walking tour. It reminded me of my only one, in remote Luapula Province of Zambia (1973)! Nice shot of the Genet on your Night drive - the 'unknown' lizard looks like a Monitor Lizard to me!

• timada's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2008 at 10:05 AM

I really , really envy you : you saw so many animals in their own habitat ...an exiting adventure !

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Gil, fantastic new page about your latest wildlife adventures. I am glad to read that the only dangers here are all sorts of animals on the road. :o)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2008 at 6:20 AM

Great safari you had! Reminds me of the Serengeti and Ngorongoro.

Gili_S

“Two beer or not two beer (Shakesbeer)”

Badges & Stats in Kruger National Park

Have you been to Kruger National Park?

Latest Activity in Kruger National Park