"A fisherman’s place by the Atlantic Ocean." Top 5 Page for this destination Walvisbaai by Gili_S

Walvisbaai Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 148 photos

Walvisbaai is a fishing town and the capital of the fishing industry in Namibia.
But beside this it is offering interesting view into the sea life of this region of the Atlantic Ocean. We took the sightseeing cruises to see all the sea animals, seals, dolphins, penguin, sea birds and learn all about this wonderful place.

I had a surprise wonderful cruise day here, check out my tips.

• Last visit to Walvisbaai: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Dec 18, 2010

• smirnofforiginal's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2011 at 3:30 AM

I am jealous of your boat trip... perhaps it was because we were here in the winter months but for life, love nor money we couldn't find a boat. On my quest I did manage to inadvertantly break and enter into the Ministry of Tourism though!!!

• mircaskirca's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2010 at 12:11 PM

With all the beautiful sea birds and seals, this sounds like a nice little cruise, Gil! Taking a walk by the sea, no matter if it is good for swimming or not, is always enjoyable. Even more, if a huge plate of oysters is waiting for you :)

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2010 at 11:27 AM

Stunning photos; no wonder you liked the cruise. It must have been quite an experience to have the seals jumping on board.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Sounds like a nice cruise, Gil and enjoyed the shots of the pelicans but mostly, I am very in the mood for raw oysters now. ;)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Fabulous page with gorgeous photos. I especially like the boat with the special seal entrance.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2008 at 12:47 PM

I can see why you enjoyed your little cruise so much! Excellent photos of Walvisbaai and nice too also see the variety of local houses.

• Travmad's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2007 at 9:56 AM

I did a days fishing trip from Walvisbaai. Didn't catch much that day but had a great time. Those Namibian guys start drinking a bit too early in the morning for me.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 11:38 AM

Hmm, I do like the pelicans!

• SanguiniA's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 1:35 PM

My wish is to retire in one of those fantastic villas and party with the seals and pelicans :)

• Nathalie_B's Profile Photo
    Dec 20, 2006 at 11:08 AM

Looks like you're awake too. Add some more info, it's a really intersting page, the whole country is "off the beaten path". Great pelican shot!

Gili_S

“Two beer or not two beer (Shakesbeer)”

Badges & Stats in Walvisbaai

Have you been to Walvisbaai?

Photos in Walvisbaai