Jerusalem Off The Beaten Path Tips by Gili_S
Jerusalem Off The Beaten Path: 145 reviews and 283 photos
The Jerusalem Biblical Zoo - The Tisch Family Zoological Gardens.
It has been realy long time since I visited this zoo, it has been improved a lot sine I was here and I guess I should visit again.
The Judea Desert is just a short drive away. It is in general the area between Jerusalem and the Dead-Sea, it is surely one of the area's you should visit for a day trip outside the city.
This is the classic modern Menora. Located in one of the garden in Jerusalem which I can't right now remember its name, I'll be back to update it here once when I remember it :)
Like in any old city I visit, also in Jerusalem I enjoyed walking around the narrow streets where I didn’t know where exactly the will be ended. I enjoyed the peaceful and relax atmosphere there. But all this can be change as a lightning strike if some fundamental people will deicide that he cannot take it anymore and want to join the 72 virgins in heaven.
You can never know who you might meet while in Jerusalem. Many actually go to Jerusalem with the hope of the resurrection of Jesus, but then don’t be disappointed if it’s not happened on the day you were there, it might just be tomorrow :)
This is the St. Joseph's French Hospital if Jerusalem. Not that I think you might need it, but this is a beautiful piece of architecture just few minutes walk outside the old city.
One place that is unique, is the old city model of the city 2000 years ago which you can see at the hotel hollyland.
Ha ha, yes, well, not exactly, but when hanging around in some small street you might get surprised by this and have a smile.
If Disney ever plan to open amusement park in Israel, I hope they will not have a legal dispute. :)
Artists House (picture from the official site)
Well, it has been ages since I was in this place. I am not sure exactly how this place is running this days, it used to host also some parties and inside was a wonderful bar restaurant where we could eat nice steak and have a beer with it.
Anyhow, ask the local people about this place, and even for some of the exhibitions its worth to visit here.
pix from news site
Yes, this is Jerusalem on January 7th. 2002,
So, just for your information, it is possible to have a day or two of snow during the winter. But even in summer it might be cool at night, so be aware.
More Reviews (46)
- See All Orthodox.
- See All Shopping for Spices.
- See All Fast food
- See All Churches
- See All Modern architecture
- See All Pretty Security and safety.
Gili_S's Related Pages
Jerusalem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jerusalem–the Foundation Stone of three Religions"
- "The Spirit of Jerusalem"
- "Jerusalem: Monotheism's Controversial Capital"
- "Jerusalem - The capital of Israel"
- "The most special city in the world"
- "Martin_S.'s Jerusalem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jerusalem
- Hotels in Jerusalem
- Transportation in Jerusalem
- Nightlife in Jerusalem
- Restaurants in Jerusalem
- Shopping in Jerusalem
- Warnings and Dangers in Jerusalem
- See All...
Explore the World
- Goodsprings Hotels
- Valcour Island Hotels
- Bojongsoang Hotels
- Conroe Hotels
- Senya Beraku
- Agrigento Off The Beaten Path
- Vicenza Off The Beaten Path
- Jaisalmer Off The Beaten Path
- Maroochydore Off The Beaten Path
- Tubac Artist Colony
- Belfast Off The Beaten Path
- RELIGIOUS SITES
- Parnitha mountain
- Southampton Off The Beaten Path
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Off The Beaten Path
- Gainesville Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Jerusalem
- 56 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 21 Forum posts
- 28 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Jerusalem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jerusalem
Photos in JerusalemSee All Photos (68)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsinki Intro, 103 reviews, 150 photos, 3 travelogues
- Tallinn Intro, 80 reviews, 121 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubrovnik Intro, 59 reviews, 115 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phan Thiet Intro, 50 reviews, 118 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Finland Intro, 59 reviews, 108 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Eilat Intro, 53 reviews, 110 photos, 1 travelogue
- Barcelona Intro, 55 reviews, 100 photos
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kyoto Intro, 49 reviews, 104 photos
- Prague Intro, 58 reviews, 92 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (34)
Latest Jerusalem hotel reviews
- Knesset Towers Hotel
- 112 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- David Citadel Hotel
- 493 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Christ Church Guesthouse
- 74 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Franciscaines de Marie
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 2, 2013
- New Victoria Hotel Jerusalem
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013
- Agron Youth Hostel & Guest House
- 17 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 15, 2013
- Strand Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 30, 2011
- National Palace Hotel
- 96 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- 841 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Ritz Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Al-Cazar Hotel
- 121 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 14, 2013
- La Perle Hotel
- 30 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Allenby Bed & Breakfast
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- St. Andrew's Scottish Guesthouse
- 64 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Jerusalem Inn Hotel
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Wailing Wall - Western Wall- 59 Reviews, 119 Photos
- The Church of the Holy Sepulchre- 74 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Mount of Olives- 47 Reviews, 109 Photos
- Garden of Gethsemane- 22 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Temple Mount- 60 Reviews, 115 Photos
- The Citadel - Tower of David- 29 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Via Dolorosa- 40 Reviews, 108 Photos
- Yad Vashem Holocaust Memorial- 17 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Golgotha Skull Hill- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- The Old City Gates- 40 Reviews, 72 Photos
See All Jerusalem Things to Do